user profile
Sign in
user profile

What is wrong with amazon---sanity lost!

by Seller_W6vNnb9Dv4v3c

I RECEIVED THIS COMMAND FROM AMAZON TODAY CONCERNING THE NAME WASHINGTON. I SELL BOOKS AND IT LOOKS LIKE ANY BOOK WITH THE NAME WASHINGTON MAY GET YOU KICKED OUT OF AMAZON. DOES THAT MAKE SENSE TO ANYONE? IF SO, LET ME KNOW IF THAT SENSE IS TRULY NONSENSE. WHAT CAN BE DONE TO PUT SANITY BACK INTO AMAZON?

Hello from Amazon,

We are writing to let you know that the following detail pages have been removed from our catalog:

ASIN: 0801849799, SKU: 2449, Title: Washington Seen: A Photographic History, 1875-1965

ASIN: 1583417745, SKU: 6I-PJLE-G4U2, Title: The Story of the Washington Redskins (NFL Today (Creative))

With the announcement from the Washington team and the NFL, we are removing products with the team’s name and logo from our stores.

Why is this happening?

We took this action because this product is not permitted for sale on Amazon.com. It is your obligation to make sure the products you offer comply with all applicable laws, regulations, and Amazon’s policies.

THEY THEN GO ON AND TELL ME THAT IF I DO NOT REMOVE THOSE TWO BOOKS FROM MY INVENTORY THEY WILL REMOVE ME FROM AMAZON. IN FACT THOSE BOOKS WERE SOLD BY ME YEARS AGO. NONE OF THAT MAKES COMMON SENSE, BUT WHO EVER SAID ANYONE PRESENTLY WORKING FOR AMAZON HAS ANY OF THAT.

Tags: ASIN, Compliance, Detail page, Images, SKU
149 replies
Most helpful reply
user profile
Seller_3N7yVnTXPzLkL
In reply to: Seller_sUfyk7ajzPzny's post
This post has been deleted
Jump to reply
149 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_8heIxAf1mLwgp
In reply to: Seller_W6vNnb9Dv4v3c's post

Thanks for the post. Will delete any sold inventory with the Redskins name (although I don’t recall any offhand).

Kind of ridiculous that a brand name mostly ignored for the last 80 years or so now can get you ostracized. True, it was embarrassing to explain to why such a racist name was associated with our national capital. Wonder how long the Indians, Braves and Chiefs will still be around.

user profile
Seller_Hi7wbO2Kbo6bl
user profile
Seller_Lj1hk4VtYKFsE

I got a list of 8 books restricted - none has word Washington or Redskins - none is remotely concerned with football. We get threatened with losing our accounts - by a seriously incompetent program. If we are “valued” sellers, they have a strange way of showing it.

user profile
Seller_olet7eVOHxQZd
user profile
Seller_Hp6fC7PtyPMFa
user profile
Seller_gQYj2zQCuoz6y

Sanity lost indeed. And like I pointed out in another forum, Hitter’s Mein Kampf is still up and running…

user profile
Seller_JSkKTxOgzk1ON
user profile
Seller_64imDp2VLMoUG

Let’s see how long it takes for this to get removed. It’s funny that instead of apologizing or treating @bookwormapril better, they just had all of OP’s rants about her removed as well as my post standing up for her (even though she didn’t need it, didn’t requested it, but sure as heck deserves it for people being downright rude to not just her, but all of the other forum vets.)

user profile
Seller_piL7iNoHXIzZw

The amazon of the not-so-distant future.

user profile
Seller_bnRioQKaPDDyH

Wokeness to a free thinking mind is worse than Naegleria Fowleri…

Go to original post