What is the "Valid Value" worksheet?

What is the “Valid Value” worksheet? I need to add two books which are not on Amazon? I have looked up “Valid Value” and I don’t understand the explanation.

Thank you in advance.

Edited by: Re-Nu on Jan 1, 2018 12:01 AM

The best explanations I’ve ever seen for working with Valid Values are included in the Browse Tree Guides and on the Instructions sheet of the various flat-file templates. For instance, the Home & Kitchen BTG (“home-kitchen_browse_tree_guide.TTH.xls”) reads:

“To determine the data you need, identify the correct refinement to accurately describe your product. The Attribute column will tell you which field to add your data. The Valid Value Combo Box column will tell you which terms are accepted for that field.”

The ‘Valid Values and BTGs’ section of the Instructions sheet in the Home template (“Flat.File.Home.xlsm”) reads:

"As indicated in the Data Definitions tab, some fields require that you use terms from the Valid Values tab. These terms are specific to the product attribute and are used for product discoverability and categorization.

Some cells require that you use valid codes from the Browse Tree Guide (BTG). The BTG is a separate Excel file that can be downloaded from seller Help. BTGs are category-specific and contain the rules that Amazon uses to assign products to categories on our site. In it you will find mappings between browse nodes and Amazon’s controlled terms which allow products to surface in those categories. In the BTG for your category, find the category most appropriate for your product, then use the corresponding query to determine what field and value you need to put in your template to place your product in that category."

You can find more information about working with these files in the Seller Help Content and in [Seller University (link)|https://sellercentral.amazon.com/learn/] , but don’t overlook the helpful information posted by the experts over in the [Listing Management & Reports (link)|https://sellercentral.amazon.com/forums/forum.jspa?forumID=3] Forum. Good luck, welcome to the Amazon Seller Forums, and a Happy New Year to you and yours!

closed #3

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.