What is a good company rating?

It’s not good. First the stars are irrelevant, it’s an old holdover. Second,fb is what’s important-and good fb is 98% or higher (which you don’t have if you are at 4.7 stars). Third, you can’t use condition notes for marketing.

The only star rating on a seller is the FB rating and that is meaningless.

And 4.7 stars is not impressive.

Buyers who know Amazon know that good numbers do not mean good sellers.

Many sellers know from experience that they do not always get bad feedback when they deserve it, and often get poor feedback when they don’t.

And some sellers have remarkable skills in rectifying their problems and avoiding poor feedback. Their buyers receive a less than desirable level of service.

There are far more 100% Five Star Sellers than you might think, though not selling all types of merchandise.

What you sell has a dramatic effect on these numbers.

Edited by: Lake on Mar 3, 2017 4:55 PM

Why? Shouldn’t 100% be your goal?

I was actually talking about the company rating.
I have over three hundred products.

I am not aware. Why would Amazon discxourage good sellers from advertising the fact? People certainly brag about ratings on ebay.
you may have pointed out an error on my part. I was thinking customers awarded this but if it is compliance with Amazon that would be a different matter.

FB?

93% positive 98% seems a ridiculous goal to me.

How could a bad seller maintain good numbers. I am very proactive in customer service, i assume my numbers reflect that.

Some customers use the rating system to get the sellers attention. They assume we are notified. So customers with a complaint who use reviews rather than contacting me will give a one.
we are dealing with humans, not rational beings. So ratings are either omg, i cannot believe how great or 1.

As a buyer I will not even consider buying from a 3rd party seller that has less than a 96% feedback score. I prefer over 98%. Just some food for thought.

Actually, no. 98% is in the ballpark of where you should be, although as Lake pointed out, the product you sell can make a difference.

I’ve always used the following broad rule of thumb -

• Ignore any seller under 90%. It’s hard to be that bad if you try.
  • Evaluate the rest on a 1-10 scale. 93% is only 3 out of 10. 90 - 93% is poor, 94 - 96% is iffy, and 97% and above is good.
    For example, my 1-year rating is 97% due to 3% neutrals. I have 0% negatives.
    My lifetime score is also 97%, with 1% negative and 2% neutral. I’ve learned to do a better job over time, and that 1% negative from my early days still irks me. I should be better than that. For me, and I imagine many of us, being “only” 97% positive is not something I’m pleased with.

4.9 here. I have 100% positive. And I sell way more than 1 or 2 units a day. The worst I’ve ever been was 98%.

Really? Because we run between 99-100% and have since 2002. 93% is not an A-, it’s more of a C-. 93 is not good.

Wow 300?!?

…and that’s why yours is only 93.

(4.9 here with 98%)

93% positive feedback means that buyers evaluated one out of fourteen of your orders to be not positive. As a buyer, I don’t like those odds. You must aim higher.

You can start by requesting that feedback that is actually a product review rather than feedback on your performance be removed (e.g. "This is pretty but WILL NOT hold your hair. Even if you triple it, it slides… . " and “The hair tie has enough material to make a skirt, there is no way to use it as a hair tie.” and “2 broke after only two uses”). But it does seem that there is a quality issue with your products.

93% positive? I wouldn’t buy from you. You think 98% is rediculious? You should just stop selling now, that kind of attitude will sink you eventually anyway!

closed #24