What Documents does Amazon need?

We listed a few products on Amazon and then our account was suspended. Amazon provided the following email:

Hi,

Your Amazon Seller account has been temporarily deactivated because you are offering items that may be inauthentic. Your listings have been removed. Funds will not be transferred to you but will be held in your account while we work with you to address the below issue(s).

Why is this happening?
We reviewed your account, and we have decided that you may no longer sell on Amazon because you are offering items that may be inauthentic. In order to ensure that customers can shop with confidence on Amazon, we routinely request additional documentation from sellers to verify their account information and confirm authenticity of certain items. The sale of counterfeit products on Amazon is strictly prohibited.

You can learn more about Amazon’s policies regarding the sale of counterfeit items in Seller Central Help:

How do I reactivate my account?
To reactivate your selling account, please send us the following information for the ASINs listed at the end of this email:

• Copies of invoices, receipts, contracts, delivery orders, or authorization letters from your supplier issued in the last 365 days. The quantity of items shown should match your inventory.
  • If you are not the brand owner, provide an authorization letter and a complete set of documentation, including authorization letters, to prove a valid supply chain.
  • If you are the brand owner, provide a copy of the brand registration certificate, and business license or personal identity card.
  • Contact information for your supplier, including name, phone number, address, email, and website.

You can only send .pdf, .jpg, .png, or .gif files. These documents must be authentic and unaltered. We may call your supplier to verify the documents. We will maintain the confidentiality of your supplier contact information.

You may remove pricing information, but the rest of the document must be visible. For ease of our review, you may highlight or circle the ASIN(s) under review.

How do I send the required information?
Please send the required information to seller-performance-policy@amazon.com.

What happens if I do not send the requested information?
If we do not receive the requested information within 17 days, or after two unsuccessful appeals (whichever occurs sooner), your account will be permanently deactivated. Failure to successfully appeal this decision may result in us permanently withholding any payments to you.

We’re here to help
You can get help creating your plan in Seller Central Help (https://sellercentral.amazon.com/gp/help/200370560). You can see your balance and settlement information in the Payments section of Seller Central. If you have questions about those, please write to payments-funds@amazon.com.

ASIN: B01LBI72UK
Brand: Kiara Sky
Title: Kiara Sky Dip Powder, Bond, 15 Gram

ASIN: B01LBID4W0
Title: Kiara Sky Dip Powder, Seal Protect, 15 Gram

ASIN: B01LBIEQYU
Title: Kiara Sky Dip Powder, Top, 15 Gram

We replied to the email with an attached letter of authorization. The next email that Amazon sent us was more clear:

Dear JETAMZ,

We received your submission but do not have enough information to reactivate your listings at this time. Please send the following information for the items listed at the end of this email:

– Supplier information (name, phone number, address, website)
– Buyer information (name, phone number, address, website)
– Item descriptions (for ease of our review, you may highlight or circle the ASIN(s) under review)
– Item quantities You may remove pricing information, but the rest of the document must be visible. For ease of our review, you may highlight or circle the ASIN(s) under review.

You can only send .pdf, .jpg, .png, or .gif files. These documents must be authentic and unaltered. How do I send the required information? Please submit this information by replying to this email. What happens if I do not send the requested information? If you do not send the requested information, your listings for the items below will remain deactivated. You can view your account’s performance at (https://sellercentral.amazon.com/performance/dashboard?ref=ah_em_pq) or select Account Health on the home screen of the Amazon Seller app on your iOS (https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/amazon-Seller/id794141485) or Android (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.amazon.sellermobile.android&hl=en) device. The Account Health dashboard shows how well your account is performing against the performance metrics and policies required to sell on Amazon. ------------------------------------- ASINs: B01LBI72UK,B01LBID4W0,B01LBIEQYU -------------------------------------
Sincerely, Seller Performance Team amazon.com http://www.amazon.com

We sent them the following email providing the information that they requested along with an attached invoice for the products:

Hello,

Here are the additional information that you requested:

Supplier Information:

Kiara Sky Professional Nails/Glam and Glits Nail Design

Phone: (661) 393-4800

Address: 8700 Swigert Ct Suite # 109-209, Bakersfield Ca 93311

Buyer Information:

JETAMZ

Phone: (916) 474-0377

Address: 1131 S Bluff Dr, Roseville Ca 95678

Item Description:

Items with ASIN have been circled in attached invoice for ease of review.

Item Quantities:

Quantities have been specified in attached invoice. The quantities shown in the invoice are per case of amount.

ASIN: B01LBI72UK - 4 cases of (6 units) = 24 units

ASIN: B01LBID4W0 - 4 cases of (6 units) = 24 units

ASIN: B01LBIEQYU- 4 cases of (6 units) = 24 units

Thank you for reviewing my account.

Our last email we received from Amazon is as follows:

Dear JETAMZ, We received your submission but do not have enough information to reactivate your ability to sell on Amazon at this time. Please send us the following information:
– Copies of invoices, receipts, contracts, delivery orders, or authorization letters from your supplier issued in the last 365 days. The quantity of items shown should match your inventory.
– If you are not the brand owner, provide an authorization letter and a complete set of documentation, including authorization letters, to prove a valid supply chain.
– If you are the brand owner, provide a copy of the brand registration certificate, and business license or personal identity card.
– Contact information for your supplier, including name, phone number, address, email, and website. You can send .pdf, .jpg, .png, or .gif files. These documents must be authentic and unaltered. We may call your supplier to verify the documents. You may remove pricing information, but the rest of the document must be visible. We will maintain the confidentiality of your supplier contact information.
------------------------------------- ASIN: B01LBI72UK Title: Kiara Sky Dip Powder, Bond, 15 Gram Brand: Kiara Sky ASIN: B01LBID4W0 Title: Kiara Sky Dip Powder, Seal Protect, 15 Gram Brand: Kiara Sky ASIN: B01LBIEQYU Title: Kiara Sky Dip Powder, Top, 15 Gram Brand: Kiara Sky ------------------------------------- How do I send the required information? Please submit this information by clicking the Appeal button next to this message on the Performance Notifications page in Seller Central (https://sellercentral.amazon.com/gp/customer-experience/perf-notifications.html). What happens if I do not send the requested information? If we do not receive the requested information, you may no longer sell on Amazon. Failure to successfully appeal this decision may result in us permanently withholding any payments to you. We’re here to help You can get help creating your plan in Seller Central Help (https://sellercentral.amazon.com/gp/help/200370560). You can see your balance and settlement information in the Payments section of Seller Central. If you have questions about those, please write to payments-funds@amazon.com. You can view your account’s performance at (https://sellercentral.amazon.com/performance/dashboard?ref=ah_em_pq) or select Account Health on the home screen of the Amazon Seller app on your iOS (https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/amazon-Seller/id794141485) or Android (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.amazon.sellermobile.android&hl=en) device. The Account Health dashboard shows how well your account is performing against the performance metrics and policies required to sell on Amazon.
Sincerely, Seller Performance Team amazon.com http://www.amazon.com

I am not sure at this point what else they are asking for. I have sent the invoices with the products ordered on them as well as an authorization letter from the manufacturer.

The email does say “quantities of items shown should match your inventory”.
I don’t know how that would work since we order more units to sell in our physical store as well and we only listed 1 unit on Amazon.

The other section I see is “If you are not the brand owner, provide an authorization letter and a complete set of documentation, including authorization letters, to prove a valid supply chain.”

We have giving the authorization letter. What would be a complete set of documentation? I wanted to make sure I get it right before I send in another attempt and get it rejected and permanently banned.

Any ideas if anyone else has gone through this would help. Thank you!

It seems from other threads that PDF is not working for acceptable docs. If sending in this format just take a photo of the letter and invoice(s) and send in that info as jpg. It helps if you circle the ASIN and make it super simple for reading.

Thank you. I did send in a scanned document with ASIN circled. It did convert to a PDF though. I’m more concerned if I submit another attempt with the same documents, it will get rejected. It isn’t really clear about what is wrong with the documents I had previously sent. I would send whatever they need but it isn’t really clear what that would be. I will try to send in a new invoice as a JPEG after I get some more documentation I guess.

They want to see your manufacturer’s invoices — that shows that you have purchased a the same number of items from them that you have listed for sale, with their name and address, contact information – showing shipped to you, with your name and address.
They also need a letter of authorization from the Brand Owner that you are allowed to sell these items on Amazon – [some products cannot be sold on Amazon without permission]

Best of luck,
CJ

Hello @JETAMZ,

Apologies for the late response to your account inquiries. I understand that your account was deactivated due to offering potentially inauthentic goods. Amazon wants to assure that buyers can shop with confidence so that is why we need to verify your products to ensure their authenticity.

As requested, you are to submit invoices, a letter of authorization and contact information for your supplier. You state that you have already submitted this information but we have not been able to accept it. To move forward, I would recommend going through the documents you have submitted to make sure they adhere to the specific requirements therefore eliminating the possibility of discrepancies.

Invoices should:

• Include supplier information ( name, phone #, physical address, email address and website )
  • Include your seller information (info on invoices should reflect your selling account)
  • Include item quantities ( how much you purchased should be reflected within your inventory )
  • Not be older than 365 days
  • Be submitted in PDF, JPG, PNG, or GIF files
  • Be authentic and unaltered

The letter of authorization should be coming from the brand/rights owner and not the supplier (unless supplier is the actual rights owner).

Hope this helps.

Mimi_Amazon

Hello Mimi_Amazon,

Thanks for getting back to us. We haven’t checked back until now because Amazon just sent us a notice to remove all inventory.

We sent in all the requested documents with the requested information but we get the same response back.

Some discrepancies would be that the invoice doesn’t have their email address.
Also, the amount purchased is different than the Amazon inventory because we have already sold some units on various platforms.

I’m not sure how to move forward since the invoice format is coming from the manufacturer without an email.

Should I increase my Amazon quantity to match the invoice even though I no longer have those units available? I can do that and resubmit the same information?

Also, the letter of authorization is coming directly from the brand owner.

At this point, we are asked to remove all inventory so that’s what we will do. I hope you can give us some insight on how to reinstate our account. Thank you for your time.

closed #7

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.