Welcome to the new $13 / $33 scam!

LOL, when will it end!?

just launched sellers form Korea with 15,000 listings all for $13 and $33

Wow!!! I have the same list. They re hijacking my listing

No Wonder Some Sellers are having Slow Sales…AZ has Got to be Closing Down Servers to Stop The Bleeding…?

eBay figured out how to prevent new sellers from listing thousands of items out of the gate years and years and years ago.

Yet Amazon cannot seem to figure out how to limit new sellers or immediately put on velocity review an account that has been dormant and suddenly has thousands of cheap listings.

This has gone on for months and months and months, eroding trust in the Amazon platform and catastrophically harming sellers.

Amazon might consider setting aside outer space trips until it learns how to write some basic software to stop this endless game of whack-a-mole.

SERIOUSLY

i just went back and checked and all listing for these sellers are still active. i refuse to flag and report them to Amazon because i know within an hour they will be right back up under new aliases.

Amazon does not want to limit new sellers. If Amazon wanted to stem the flow of illegal goods and fraudulent accounts, they could have done so. The fact that they still allow such activities to continue unabated on a widespread scale tells me that they want that door to China to remain open, no matter the cost.

The only thing missing from Amazon headquarters is a Chinese flag flying in place of the American flag.

Amazon should put their business on Vacation mode quickly before they get suspended for countless violations, ODR and over-24hr messages

Been years of dealing with this JL issue.
Every selling platform makes new sellers “prove” themselves.
Why is their no such trial period on New Sellers on Amazon?
The access to list via flat file has not changed, and I believe they DO NOT know how to limit new sellers, otherwise they would have acted by now.

C’mon Amazon we are all screaming at the flare-up - do something for us sellers and the unsuspecting buyer!

>we all need to remember that Amazon, like most companies need to prove to Wall st. and to stock holders that the company can continue to increase sales, profits and new user activity quarterly.

Why? The company isn’t planning on issuing more stock or debt that I know of. Bezos is already a gazillionaire and controls the company. Exactly why do they need to please Wall Street?

Sorry, I’m not buying your conspiracy theory.

bunga bunga!

While I think Amazon should totally limit the amount new sellers can list I wonder if they don’t because it would not make any difference to those who know how to hack their servers and set up those types of accounts

Think about it. If they limited the amount of items new accounts could sell, yet we kept seeing brand new accounts with thousands and thousands of listings, then it would be like waving a red flag that someone was hacking their servers and setting up accounts anyway. The amount of money stolen from buyers could be exposed. Amazon stocks would plummet.

I know it sounds far fetched, but after reading a story in Wired about Russian hackers stealing from banks, I realize we will never know the extent of what is actually going on behind the scenes on Amazon servers. We all know Amazons database is messed up. I shudder to think of any vulnerability that may exsist that we don’t know about.

…or this is being balanced on the BACKS of third party sellers!!!

there is only 2 reason why Amazon has not implemented any new policies to combat these scammers who are trying to rip customers off

1.) its not a big enough problem to them to implement any restrictions to new 3P sellers

or

2.) they are fully aware of the problem but don’t want to restrict new 3P sellers as it would cut into their quarterly sales

we all need to remember that Amazon, like most companies need to prove to Wall st. and to stock holders that the company can continue to increase sales, profits and new user activity quarterly.

i personally think that even though these scammers are hurting Amazon, those “fake” sales still count towards the overall numbers

they moved from Korea to Texas & Florida pretty fast!

It would be so easy for Amazon to prevent this from happening.
Simply require that, for new sellers, they be limited to 10 or 20 listings until they have many tracked-delivered orders with no complaints. They could also limit new-seller payments to a 60-day rolling-wait until, again, the track record is proven.

you obviously don’t know how the stock market works so here’s a little info:

if a publicly traded company starts to show consistent quarterly sales loses as opposed to gains investors lose faith in the company and sell the stock in turn the stock price goes down.

>you obviously don’t know how the stock market works

Very amusing. I’m a CFA charterholder. You?

>so here’s a little info:
>if a publicly traded company starts to show consistent quarterly sales loses as opposed to gains investors lose faith in the company and sell the stock in turn the stock price goes down.

And? Again, how does this hurt a company that has no plans to do equity or debt issuances? Please, teach me something I don’t know. I suppose one could argue that it makes employees’ options go underwater, I’ll give you that one, but I don’t know to what extent a mature company like Amazon needs to offer options to attract talent, or how effective it would be given the high price of their stock and that their fastest growth is most likely behind them.

bunga bunga!

HI, will raise you one with actual cat furniture (kind with multiple landings) for 9.99 and free shipping - appears the pet supplies also have been getting the "one price/free shipping sellers as well - saw multiple listings Lynne

you have a CFA but decide to be a 3rd party seller on Amazon and give free advice on message boards then to work for JP Morgan making $250,000+/year!? LOL :slight_smile: thanks…i needed a good laugh today.

Send your idea and concept off to all the news outlets. Just google the address, they all have addresses for story submission.

Erosion of privacy is a possible new angle…