We still need more information about your plan to address rights owner complaints

This has been very frustrating for us and I am hoping for your help. In two years of selling this is the first time we’ve had an issue like this. We made the mistake of listing under ASIN B07988N5S7 and not checking for any copyright issues. The sad part is that we decided to stop carrying this item months ago, so the fact that we are being suspended for this makes life even worse.

Here is Amazon’s most recent communication Oct 16, 2018, 3:06 PM:

Hello,

We still need more information about your plan to address rights owner complaints.

If you want to resolve this dispute, contact the rights owner:
webcontent@webstaurantstore.com

If resolved, ask the rights owner to contact us at notice-dispute@amazon.com to withdraw their complaint.

To sell on Amazon.com again, please send us a plan that explains
– The issues that caused the complaints.
– The actions you took to resolve the issues and prevent similar complaints.

Do not limit your plan to issues with specific orders. For help creating your plan, search for “Appeal the Removal of Selling Privileges” in Seller Central Help (https://sellercentral.amazon.com/gp/help/200370560). To send us your plan, click the Appeal button next to this email on the Performance Notifications page in Seller Central (https://sellercentral.amazon.com/gp/customer-experience/perf-notifications.html).

Once we receive your plan, we will review it and decide whether you may sell on Amazon.com again.

See below for what we have put together for a new plan of action. We would appreciate any guidance you can offer.

Complaint ID: 5442769XXX
Plan of Action

The issues that caused the complaint 5442769XXX:

• ASIN B07988N5S7 used a copyrighted image
  • We did not check if ASIN B07988N5S7 used copyrighted photos/images or content before listing on it
  • We attached our offer to ASIN B07988N5S7

The actions we took to resolve the issues that caused the complaint 5442769XXX:

• We removed our offer from ASIN B07988N5S7
  • I emailed webcontent@webstaurantstore.com stating we did not upload copyrighted content (photos, images, or description)
  • webstaurantstore.com stated we will need to dispute this complaint on the basis that it is not our listing

The actions have taken to prevent similar complaints in the future

• We’ve studied the Amazon Intellectual Property Policy
  • We are deleting ourselves from the ASINs we cannot confirm content for
  • We’ll only upload images and text that we’ve created, or we have the copyright holder’s permission to upload
  • We are working with suppliers so our listings only use approved data and photos/images from the manufacturer
  • We will only upload our own images or images we have permission to use
  • We will only sell items we are sourcing from a reputable distributor
  • We are now confident in the new procedures we have in place to prevent IP infringement

Please let us know what you think about this plan of action

This sounds like you are saying you will stop buying things off the back of trucks in dark alleys.

You need to be ta;king about buying from authorized distributors and manufacturers- and only selling things you are authorized to sell

Thank you for that feedback. I see your point and have updated the language.

Currently the worst main image ever (Just a Plug Head?)

Listing is miscategorized.

Product is a commodity product private labeled or a knock off, and the photo was blatant theft.

Plan should probably include applying for brand registry.

Few thoughts…

First, say you HAVE deleted the ASIN from your inventory and move this comment up to “Actions we have taken to resolve…” (and fix end of sentence grammar)
“We are deleting ourselves from the ASINs we cannot confirm content for”

Second… this confuses me:
webstaurantstore.com1 stated we will need to dispute this complaint on the basis that it is not our listing
What does this mean? If I don’t understand this, Amazon might not. I like short and sweet, but maybe explain a bit more how you worked with the rights owner (date you sent them an email /called them) and exactly what they said. Maybe attach screenshot of their email to you. And what you plan to still do to resolve with them. Maybe show that you reached out several times to them and this was the response…

Also, say that you have done a deep dive review of all of your current ASIN’s (do this) and can confirm that your content is 100% original. Anywhere where you found it was not, you have deleted the ASIN and removed inventory from FBA, or proactively replaced the images / content.

Also say (and do) that you will create a periodic (bi-monthly?) review of all of your listings to insure compliance with Amazon’s ToS with regards to Copywrite and IP issues.

Good luck! You will get through this, just gonna take some time :smile:

Agreed. We have zero intention of ever selling this item AGAIN. We weren’t on the listing. Some other seller uploaded this image… So frustrating

Since we do not want anything to do with this brand, product, or category, we wouldn’t pursue brand registry. Another seller suggested that we treat this product like one we are going to sell again in our POA so we can articulate how we prevent the issue with this product. I’m scratching my head on this though, we have requested to update other photos in the past and Amazon does not always accept our changes when we are not the listing owner. In this case, we are not the listing owner. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks, @Dance_Mom. Great suggestions and feedback. Thankfully I got a copy of the transcript with the rights owner. The rights owner had zero interest in writing anything on our behalf even though we were not the listing owner and I explained that we will not be selling this product/line/category. I even went so far as to agree to sign any documents that they wanted to provide to memorialize our conversation. No luck.

closed #11

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.