user profile
Sign in
user profile

We sent customer a BRAND NEW game they sent back a well worn OPENED game

by Seller_CB7xpUWhiGw88

Man I’m Frustrated and in over a decade surprizingly never had this happen. Customer bought and was sent a Brand new sealed game but send back a dirty cased opened scratched game. I reached out when I got the return request titles Received Wrong Item, and never heard from customer. When I reached out I mentioned we sent him a brand new Forza game , What did you get instead and never heard back. It was an $70 game and I’m reaching out to ask, should I charge him a 50% restocking fee for sending back an opened game or will that open up an unwanted Can of Worms. I’ve never even charged a restocking fee before. Had this happen with books but typically its lower value or the used to new price difference makes it not worth a fight. I’m looking to lose $65 here but wouldnt want to put a 60k account at risk…JUST INFURIATING!! what to we think fellow sellers

Tags: Fees, Pricing
4 replies
4 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_bWU6w5XvXmIfs
In reply to: Seller_CB7xpUWhiGw88's post

Yes, of course, you should definitely withold a restocking fee of 50%.

user profile
Seller_XlBWOEWKry0YN
In reply to: Seller_CB7xpUWhiGw88's post

On top of the restocking fee, you should also let Amazon know of the buyer’s behavior.
If it’s a consistent type of behavior, Amazon will also remove their buying privileges.

You can also add some sort of note or sticker on your products to deter from buyers like this by saying there are serial numbers that help you track the location of the game registrant and user or whatever. It may not be true, but it’d definitely scare away a portion of those that think twice about doing it.

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post