user profile
Sign in
user profile

We have found a hidden way Amazon allows manipulation of the buy box, anyone with some insight on this?

by Seller_m6xRMBKh0TLkS

My product has lost its buy box for a month now for wrongful reasons (that’s not what this post is about). All affiliate links to our product have no buy box to my product page (there are hundreds of them out there). Amazon also lowered our ranking for the keywords we have been #1 on for 5 years to around #19.

I have discovered that a mega company called ‘The Dodo’ posted a video on Tik Tok using our product and somehow is able to share a link to our product with the BUY BOX active on its Tik Tok page (cannot provide external links. )

This link is from the Dodo Tik Tok page, to our same offer on our same listing, of which we are the only seller, via this mega influencer has my same exact listing WITH A BUY BOX

Each time I post link to the page with buy box amazon corrects it to my original link, almost to hide the link. You can search ‘the dodo’ on Tik Tok to find the Amazon link with buy box in their profile. I created a side by side graphic in case Amazon hides the true Amazon link again.

Here is a link from the same company as an affiliate link on their website to our product and it does NOT have the buy box : https://www.amazon.com/SnugglyCat-Ripple-Rug-Interactive-Scratching/dp/B016H3T8EC?&linkCode=sl1&tag=roundupgeneral-20&linkId=65e008c436334147c70453b8ceff7209&language=en_US&ref_=as_li_ss_tl

Anyone smart enough to break down the URL string to see how/where the manipulation is occurring?

This shows there is obviously some way a company can financially obtain the buy box for their affiliate style link to my listing and yet we the actual seller and manufacturer have NO buy box.

This truly makes no sense. Anyone? Mods?

Tags: Buy Box, Listings, Video
5 replies
5 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_m6xRMBKh0TLkS
In reply to: Seller_m6xRMBKh0TLkS's post

Amazon keeps blocking the link to the mysterious buy box page. Below is the link part that comes after Amazon.com/ then use the rest of link below.

gp/product/B016H3T8EC?smid=A2Z9R1R78TXI18&psc=1&linkCode=ll1&%5b%E2%80%A6%5d241a65e593160271e9f76cbbf3bc5&language=en_US&ref_=as_li_ss_tl

And this is what sellers have to do just to keep Amazon honest. despicable.

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post