user profile
Sign in
user profile

Voice of the Customer - New Amazon Metric

by Seller_piL7iNoHXIzZw

Dear god…another useless metric. Already have several listings in “very poor” for buyer comments like “mistakenly thought I was buying a compact version.” and “didn’t need.”

https://sellercentral.amazon.com/voice-of-the-customer

To navigate from the main dashboard:

Click Account Health then, next to the “Eligibilities” link, is a new link called “Voice of the Customer”

"Voice of the Customer
The Voice of the Customer dashboard is a hub where you can use feedback from customers to optimize your products and listings. From this dashboard, you can review the Customer Experience (CX) Health of your offers, read customer comments, identify product and listing issues, and act to resolve problems.

Customer Experience Health
CX Health is a metric that helps you understand how each of your offers is performing relative to similar offers, based on recent orders and customer feedback.

Knowing your offers’ CX Health will help you identify issues such as mislabeled, damaged, or defective products and inaccurate or incomplete detail pages. If you identify problems, you can take action to fix them. Negative customer experiences stemming from delivery problems don’t affect the CX Health of your offers.

Your offers’ CX Health is categorized as excellent, good, fair, poor, or very poor. We recommend reviewing all offers with poor and very poor CX Health to understand and resolve problems.

Excellent (green): Your offer is performing significantly better than similar offers.
Good (light green): Your offer is performing as well as or better than similar offers.
Fair (yellow): Your offer is performing comparably to similar offers.
Poor (orange): Your offer is performing worse than similar offers and may be at risk of closure because of negative customer experiences.
Very poor (red): Your offer is performing significantly worse than similar offers and may already have been closed because of a high rate of negative customer experiences.
If the CX Health of your offer is poor or very poor, click Resolve issue to review recent customer feedback to understand if there are systemic issues with your product or listing. You can then edit your listing, fix issues, and relist your offer or — if you sell your product through Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) — submit an order to have inventory removed or disposed of.

How your CX Health is determined
CX Health is determined by comparing your offer’s negative customer experience (NCX) rate with those of similar offers. The NCX rate is the number of orders for which the customer reported a product or listing issue divided by total orders. Amazon listens to customer feedback across returns, refunds, customer service contacts, and product reviews.

All NCX feedback and customer comments you see in the Voice of the Customer dashboard are tied to items sourced by your business. However, if you participate in the manufacturer barcode program, they may not have been sold by you.

NCX rates and CX Health are available only on offers that have had a recent sale. If an offer is new or if there have been no recent sales, you won’t see an NCX rate or CX Health. The “Last updated” date for each offer shows when there was either an order or a negative customer experience.

CX Health and NCX rates don’t result in any account-level action.

Improve your customers’ experience
Monitoring your offers’ CX Health can enable you to serve your customers better. Review comments on the dashboard to identify issues affecting customers. Once you identify a problem, you can act to remedy it. This might include removing damaged, defective, or mislabeled inventory or updating your detail page. For more information, see Resolve your CX Health issues.

The NCX rate and CX Health are based on an offer’s historical performance. It will take several weeks for actions you take to be reflected in those metrics."

Tags: Customer, Product reviews, Refunds
336 replies
336 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_TWoGLSIYxUwwq
In reply to: Seller_piL7iNoHXIzZw's post

Your link just brings me to the main Seller Central dashboard page. I wonder if this is a beta program that’s being rolled out slowly. How did you reach this “Voice of the Customer” page?

user profile
Seller_ZDGgATBGegBqy

This looks stupid so far.

I got a ‘very poor’ rating - the lowest possible - for a return. The customer bought a new book as a present, then returned when a better present became available. I accepted and refunded.

Customer was not unhappy at all. Yet I got the worst possible rating for it.

I was hoping that the new refund metrics would distinguish between good returns ( happy customer ) and bad returns ( unhappy customer ).

You really disappointed me, Jeff. This is not the voice of the customer; it is the voice of a bot.

user profile
Seller_jZWpyInw8RkYT

https://sellercentral.amazon.com/gp/help/GRTPNYUAU5EQ9RGU

I think that I might actually love it! If you have any transactions where no one has left any feedback, it looks like it’s still counted as “Good”. I count that as a win, and now it looks like Amazon does, too.

ETA: I do not love the name.

ETA2:

user profile
Seller_ZDGgATBGegBqy

What does it take to get an ‘excellent’ rating??

I earned the buy box with the lowest price and 100% feedback.
I shipped the book, customer left feedback: 5-stars “Excellent seller, excellent transaction”
Can it get any better than that??

Amazons reaction: ‘good’.

user profile
Seller_bW6BHrrQtrcAl

We ave the #1 highest rated and best selling item in it’s category. It’s been that way for several years. 4.4**** feedback on several hundred legit ratings. This item is now rated very poor NCX rating. MMMmmmmhmmmmm

user profile
Seller_v6Id13QjDJlqX

I can see this being fraught with many problems, any return for any reason is automatically “Very Poor” and no feedback orders (which comprise 90-95% of ALL orders these days) are only “Good”, “Excellent” is only reserved for positive reviews. So out of 200 or so orders I get 2 Excellents (feedbacks) and 2 Very Poors (Returns) and 190 or so Goods (noting to be said). I assume a neutral feedback would then be “Fair”.

Consider what this would look like with Christmas returns, some people get a return rate of 5-10% during that period, it would be a bloodbath of “Very Poor”.

user profile
Seller_nstkdGWZl0SW0

Here is how this one goes

“Seller refused to give me a discount for the item.”

“Seller charges too much.”

“Seller refused to overnight the item for no additional shipping.”

user profile
Seller_sJ6nHawArw0Wl

If you don’t have it yet. Don’t worry. You will. I don’t have it yet… and I’m glad.

Hence the October 1st change in metrics.
This is your holiday gift from Amazon.
“Enjoy your new metrics. Don’t say we didn’t give you anything.”

user profile
Seller_HGNCgmG14eLKq

“On October 1, 2018, we will replace this page with a more useful, detailed experience to better help you monitor your account health. We’re also removing the Customer Service Dissatisfaction Rate, Contact Response Time, and Refund Rate metrics to better align our seller performance policies with the metrics detailed on the Account Health page.”

I think you guys are seeing a Beta Test of this… On my SS pages it just like it was and no Voice of the Customer… But that Note above sounds like a good thing.

user profile
Seller_EJfJ0SGbxHJGK

I don’t have it yet either. But I do understand it, on a whole dealing with all seller it seems that we are given a veiw of how a product rates. Or am I missing something? Still I see where sellers are constantly throne under the bus and buyers have all the power. When will sellers get a chance to breath. Amazon feedback system____________ and they have no care to fix it. I think they sit eating donuts and think of way to ___________ the sellers.

Go to original post