user profile
Sign in
user profile

Valid Tracking Rate System Glitch?

by Seller_2uZn3GB6piCoT

I’ve had an issue with Valid Tracking Rate in Account Health being wrong for over a week. It shows I have on 53% which is impossible. I’ve sent 2 messages to seller support & all they do is explain to me what VTR MEANS but not listening to my issue which is that there’s an obvious glitch happening again. My accurate delivery date is at 96% so if I didn’t enter the tracking info correctly, how could it show they were delivered on time? Doesn’t make sense.
I’ve noticed a few other sellers mentioning it on the Forums. Amazon needs to address this glitch as it’s putting our accounts at risk

Tags: Address
28 replies
28 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_DZ1maDmp7Xt2o
In reply to: Seller_2uZn3GB6piCoT's post

CristysBoutique…

There are all kinds of glitches with valid tracking rate systems these days…

Amazon’s computer does not communicate well with a post office computer…

If you’re buying postage at the post office, it’s always good to wait till the next day to put it in the tracking numbers… Usually as soon as they’ve been scanned at the regional sorting facility…

They actually are in the USPS system once postage has been purchased at the counter, however Amazon does not communicate well with that computer system…

This one away for a while, now it’s back with a vengeance…

And you’re right they would not have access to those tracking numbers, unless they were imported into the system, by yourself, making sure you remove all of the spaces…

There are two other threads available on the subject out there…

Just another Amazon moved to drive you crazy, or intimidate you into using Amazon Kool-Aid postage…

Which generally is not all that practical dependent on volume, and other venues you may be shipping on, or online postage buying Services, which do not integrate with Amazon…

Amazon pings the postal computer, unless you are using scan sheets, or they are scanned in by the post office, they will not be worth anything number wise…

Confirming shipment is always better to be done at the time you know it shows up in an available system, available to Amazon, assuming their software is working correctly…

We know that Amazon only hires the most competent, top-flight, programmers, who never seem to make mistakes???

user profile
Seller_ToPPYvOWlyp9j

One day last week, noticed there was no VALID TRACKING RATE or ON-TIME DELIVERY metric–both reflecting N/A.

Braced for bad news afterwards- because when carriers(we use USPS exclusively) and AMAZON don’t sync, always bad for sellers.

Our ON-TIME metric did slip a bit-but we’ve been upgrading shipping on
many orders for 4, nearly 5 months(unbelievable the pandemic been raging so long) when we realized MEDIA MAIL was taking, in some cases, 3-4 weeks!!

Without the shipping upgrade- forced to raise prices which surprisingly didn’t effect sales much, if at all-we’d be outta business!

user profile
Seller_oewHJOFDM7eyN

Known glitch with VTR which has not been fixed.
I lost Premium shipping and sales may be affected.
This glitch is now seeming to occur about every six months and last longer.
The tracking report was garbage with extraneous wild characters as part of the tracking number.
Hopefully resets in a month then it will be “fixed” for a while.

user profile
Seller_rnMNdC3zQD7b5

The thing that really sucks is Amazon is withholding a bunch of money in a “reserve account” that they are not depositing into my bank account, because a whole bunch of packages are showing as not yet delivered due to the tracking number glitch. I feel like it’s not fair that I should not be getting paid due to their software error.

user profile
Seller_JdvLAF4wnFCmQ

Do you suppose the glitch could be regional ( ie along the San Andreas Fault Line ? ) When bookwormapril did her survery , she didn’t ask for our location …
10.24 % here and now falling by .01 's % each day

user profile
Seller_Fmt9dt7Eqfs1Z

I am sad to say that you can count me in on the VTR train to hell. How frustrating to find that I can have 100% in everything else, my packages arrive earlier than expected, and I have been diligent about entering my tracking numbers immediately only to find Amazon doesn’t see them and has the audacity to tell me to “come up with a plan” to correct a problem that doesn’t exist.
Also, it’s not geographic. I am on the East Coast, near a major hub. There is no rational reason for this ridiculous glitch.

user profile
Seller_van0crZTJmRso

I just got a notice that my valid tracking rate was below 95% and I have a 100% valid tracking USPS data on my health account.

All deliveries showed delivered - is this glitch still out there?

No response from seller support

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post