user profile
Sign in
user profile

USPS temporary price increase during peak season 2020

by News_Amazon

From October 18, 2020 to December 27, 2020, the U.S. Postal Service will be implementing a temporary commercial price increase. As a result, USPS rates on Buy Shipping will increase to coincide with this price increase. For information, please refer to the following announcement from the USPS.

Tags: News and Announcements
132 replies
132 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_wyo87TbGVpAUV
In reply to: News_Amazon's post

Thank you for the update. We are receiving many INR claims from buyers when utilizing Amazon purchase postage. We have INR claims opened as far back as May and June. Hopefully we can get some of these resolved soon.

user profile
Seller_uJo8XNzWYLBfo

Amazon please take over door to door mail. PLEASE

user profile
Seller_bnRioQKaPDDyH

Anybody want to bet this “temporary” increase just magically becomes permanent?

user profile
Seller_uKYUQR1wT7FSF

Based on last years sales volume, this is going to cost me about $100. How is everyone else fairing?

user profile
Seller_bn8DWWmTSpHb0

Media Mail it is from now on!

user profile
Seller_XFj8akGqahG0f

It is what it is. As a seller I will just pass this down to Amazon buyers. I will also ship many of my packages media mail so while the post office believes they are going to make more money…they will actually lose money with me. I hope all sellers do the same in the media category.

user profile
Seller_MU8ehgZgMJ9K0

The federal income tax was temporary.

user profile
Seller_6we6JlLz0iF2P

Cashing in on online holiday shopping during a pandemic, from Oct 18th to Dec 27th - with a “temporary” increase in commercial prices, but not the retail prices. How is this even legal!?!?!? - that they can impose a temporary raise just for holiday shopping during a pandemic!?

Since January 2020, the USPS has lost, broken, or miss-mailed more packages for me than any other ytd. I get it COVID-19, but now you want a raise? If you cannot even successfully deliver mail to mutual customers, why should you receive a raise for holiday shopping only and during a pandemic - where most feel safe shopping online rather than in-store. It’s not like the USPS lost any money during the pandemic - oh that’s right, we need money because we are miss-managed to the extreme, so let’s make commercial accounts pay for it. Is the US government bailing the USPS out on top of the raise? Is it temporary or just a ploy to raise prices and then make them stick after the holidays. #Returns via #USPS - hello!!??
Might be time for me to seek other options.

user profile
Seller_C1C66nCq0ZbyT

Dear Amazon, you know what to do. Give USPS a Price Alert and suspend their Buy Shipping options until they fix it

user profile
Seller_4iKglXa3AdHk2

ECommerce sales are up tremendously. I am surprised they did not do it sooner so they can hire more people.

Go to original post