user profile
Sign in
user profile

USPS Scanning Policy Change

by Seller_N7i6li7xYJVWS

The USPS just instituted a new policy of only scanning 6 packages and then picking up the rest to be scanned when they get them to the Post Office. I let them know that I have a problem with this policy because we have between 30 – 40 packages going out a day and I really don’t like them not being scanned as picked up. Apparently this is a nationwide policy due to personnel shortages and Covid. When I called our Post Office they told me that I can create a Manifest which would list all my packages and then creates a single Bar Code which the carrier scans which records all my shipping labels.
This sounds good but the Postal Chief couldn’t tell me where to go or how this manifest is created. To make a long story short – does anyone know what they are talking about and if so how or where do you go to create this Manifest???

Tags: Policy
126 replies
126 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_mUAFSHRNpTAio
In reply to: Seller_N7i6li7xYJVWS's post

if you are using STAMPS after you finish doing your tags go to SELECT PACKAGES there is a box to check for the MANIFEST

Moderator edit(Ale_Amazon): Removed external URL.

user profile
Seller_atnk8fSvVuoeY

Use a scan sheet so they can scan all packages with one scan. If you use Amazon shipping go to Orders->Order Reports->End of Day Forms.

user profile
Seller_olet7eVOHxQZd

I am very surprised this is the first you are hearing of a Scan Sheet. We sometimes hand the carrier 3 or 4 of them depending on how we processed. The carrier still prefers a few sheets instead scanning a ton of packages.

FYI, if you have printer issues, they can scan the barcode from your screen.

user profile
Seller_d7Z0MKOJalf7S

At the top of your seller central page under orders you will find “Order Reports” then find “End of Day Forms” then select “generate”
That will produce a downloadable PDF form with the barcode containing all labels you generated for that day.

user profile
Seller_lYLz1roOGTQRE

If using the USPS ClicknShip you can print a scan sheet there.

user profile
Seller_olet7eVOHxQZd

The report starts shortly after mid-night. Amazon auto creates one to clear it out.

When we see the mail carrier pull up, we generate it. If we printed any labels after the carrier picked up the day before, that would be another scan sheet.

We also print postage from off Amazon sales so that is maybe a third or fourth scan sheet.

If you have a low volume day for say outside of Amazon, you can keep those few packages separate and let the carrier know they need to scan those couple and the rest are on the scan sheet.

user profile
Seller_64imDp2VLMoUG

Actually, my carrier (who is the regional (Philly area) carrier union boss) told us about this policy last year. Granted he really doesn’t care either way, but I was so happy when Amazon started the SCAN forms and he was, too.

user profile
Seller_jglZowc8rO988

Here is amazon’s

https://sellercentral.amazon.com/order-reports-and-feeds/reports/endofdayforms#

user profile
Seller_6bLd57U3wUvWN

You can get a scan sheet from Order Reports, End of Day Forms.

user profile
Seller_WUSNh9HZRTYUt

The scan forms are great and useless at the same time. If they never scan it at any point and lose it they swear you never sent it. I have had many packages that never scanned until delivery (or at all if they lost it) which caused several refunds, then weeks later it would show up.

And if it was lost prior to any scan they refused all responsibility and would tell customers that asked that you never actually shipped it.

Go to original post