USPS international shipping service disruptions

Due to widespread transportation cancellations and restrictions, the United States Postal Service has temporarily suspended international mail service to certain destinations. Before you ship your orders, you can check the USPS website for an update on conditions. To change your shipping regions at any time, go to the Shipping settings page. For more information on shipping settings, see Configure shipping rates and restrictions.

Moderator Edit (James_Amazon): Updated USPS Link

So I do not actually see that they have suspended service, just not offering guaranteed expedited service.

Just so you know, just because its not SUSPENDED doesn’t mean anything. I have packages going to UK that are 30 days behind delivery schedule and still not moving, I had to refund 20 international orders. Every location wasn’t suspended but they aren’t doing much.

i have an EXPRESS (EMS) package that has been sitting at the depot waiting on a place since April 22nd…

I have three packages or more that were personally dropped off at a post office. They’ve been sitting for days without being scanned so I am going to go have a chat with them. One was expedited and it should be there in plenty of time if they don’t mess it up for me.

They should be giving refunds by this point. This makes it very stressful and I guess I will need to find a way to remedy this despite the problem originating elsewhere.

The link in the post is wrong, I did a search and found what appears to be the correct link.
https://about.usps.com/newsroom/service-alerts/international/welcome.htm

International shipping service disruptions???

Try United States of America service disruptions!!

I have had to refund at least 30+ customers for paying for Priority Mail service and so many customers shipped around April 20-25 not receiving their shipments even after 3+ weeks!!! Over 3 weeks top get a priority mail package. How ludicrous!! Almost every order if I track it, has some issue with 10-20 day delays to get to them, IF IT GETS THERE at all! Some shipments sit in DC’s for a week before moving again. Unacceptable!! So I have to refund these people and when they get their product, they keep it and I’m out the shipping AND the product cost! There is zero recourse for us on these orders. At least UPS and FedEx have some recourse! So disappointing!

Have Others experience the same thing on USPS Priority Mail shipping lately??

I’m trying to create a multi-channel fulfillment order to Puerto Rico and Puerto Rico is not available to choose in the State/Region box. Is Amazon not accepting orders to Puerto Rico now? I’ve shipped there many times in the past.

Hi @Rover_Products – Thank you for bringing this to our attention. USPS recently updated their website so I corrected the link.

May I ask what should we, as Sellers, do if we have purchased shipping from Amazon and sent out orders using the US Postal Service for delivery to these International destinations? Will Amazon be contacting these Buyers on our behalf? Would should we be telling any Buyer that emails us asking for a status update on their delivery dates?
Thank You in advance for your help with our mutual clients.

I’ve had two international orders in the last week that I could not buy shipping through Amazon (Israel & Estonia). I took them to the post office and they said they could not accept packages to those countries because of restrictions caused by COVID-19. As mentioned before, USPS website has a long list of countries that they will at least temporarily not accept packages to.

You are theoretically protected from the negative fallout from delayed orders under a policy regarding Buy Shipping labels (shipping purchased from Amazon). Our experience has been that Amazon intermittently, but by no stretch of the imagination consistently (!) honors this policy:

Negative Customer Feedback: If you ship on time with tracking via Buy Shipping, and the buyer leaves seller feedback solely related to delayed or undelivered packages, you can request to have the feedback reviewed. If approved, the impact of the feedback is removed from your Order Defect Rate, and the buyer’s comment will display with a strike-through and the statement: The fulfillment issues associated with this order were not due to the seller. To learn more, see Can Amazon remove buyer feedback? The customer feedback policy ensures sellers are only responsible for shipping their products on time and are not penalized for delays out of their control.
A-to-z Guarantee claims: If you purchase Amazon’s Buy Shipping and ship on time, you are protected against claims where a customer reports problems with delivery. Amazon will cover the cost of these claims and they will not affect your Order Defect Rate.

This is not just international!!

All major US hubs are backed up. If you are a SFP keep this in mind priority shipments are reaching customers a week out!!!

The USPS forums are blowing up, we ourselves have been waiting for three priority shipments which have been sitting in a hub only 1 hour away from us and we have been waiting over a week and they are still sitting in the Kearney NJ hub.

This is the response we received after waiting on 3 priority packages for over a week:

The Postal Service is aware of the frustration and disappointment caused when we do not live up to our commitment of safe and reliable mail service.

Hello,

Package is still in transit. All package will be delayed. If you don’t receive by next Friday please contact the post office again.

We have changed our Shipping accordingly to make sure we are not hit with “late” deliveries

That’s interesting because Estonia is on the list but Israel isn’t.

They implemented this weeks ago.

Same here. When customers track their orders, if they are late Amazon tracking page tells them “It may be lost” so they hurry to ask for a refund or replacement. Amazon needs to update the delivery times WE ARE IN THE MIDDLE OF A PANDEMIC. The post office is weeks behind schedule in some areas.

I find it interesting that the country where it all started is not on the list…

International parcels to the USA are also affected. I sent inventory to Amazon USA from Europe, and the parcel is sitting at one specific US post office since April 10….

Had one package to Angola in Africa returned from Miami Customs with USPS pink label “Mail Service Suspended” with web address for postage refund that does not recognize tracking number. Called USPS who allegedly put refund form in the mail, which has not arrived.

Have another package to France with no receipt or tracking updates by USPS or La Poste since April 19th at US customs.

I have 3 parcels from Europe that were sent on March 18th from the manufacturer. Left Europe on March 30th and then nothing. They are being told that they are in US Customs this whole time without any movement.

Just to give you an idea:

usps: newsroom/service-alerts/pdf/second-air-to-sea-diversion-in-effect.pdf

yeap by sea to Europe…

Moderator Edit (James_Amazon): External URL Removed