user profile
Sign in
user profile

USPS Announces delays

by Seller_tfeuabuyLJJxX

Not sure if you guys saw this.

USPS domestic deliveries affected by COVID-19

On Friday, USPS announced that due to the COVID-19 pandemic’s effect on transportation availability, some services will experience delays beginning April 17, 2020. Below is what you need to know.

• USPS Priority Mail Express : This service will not experience any delays at this time.

• USPS Priority Mail : Local 1-day delivery will not experience delays. However, the 2-3 day delivery window will be extended to 3-4 days.

• USPS First-Class Package Service : 2-3 day delivery windows will be extended to 3-4 day delivery windows.

Tags: USPS
103 replies
103 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_1yqCSp7wxEUMi
In reply to: Seller_tfeuabuyLJJxX's post

Great. Just one more thing to have customers complain about

user profile
Seller_hmL5s7uzSLR91

I am surprised it took this long

user profile
Seller_olet7eVOHxQZd

Just saw another post on it.

user profile
Seller_9v05N4PANTYlc

I suspect they are having staffing issues. My shipping in the last 2 weeks reeks of temporary postal employees mis-routing entire day’s shipments to the wrong states cities. Even when sending everything via Priority Mail when even First Class was available, I still have late deliveries.

I have since switched to UPS for all Amazon orders.

user profile
Seller_lYLz1roOGTQRE

It seems reasonable. They are staffed and funded at the bone normally. They have to be taking a beating.

user profile
Seller_olet7eVOHxQZd

From another thread on the subject. Guess we’ll be making some shipping template changes. Although we have not seen any late SFP deliveries in 30 days.

user profile
Seller_lNFyw8KRnuqcH

A BIG THANKS for the notice. I hadn’t heard about the delays in usps deliveries (I don’t really follow the news that much) so I probably wouldn’t have known about it. I’ve changed my ship times accordingly. THANKS AGAIN!!! You may have just saved me from a lot of late deliveries headaches. Stay safe and hope you have a GREAT WEEKEND.

user profile
Seller_0lcPE7gkXNIAT

One of my customers emailed from NYC yesterday and stated tracking shows his media mail package has been in a New Jersey processing center since the 7th. He is kindly waiting another 10 days before requesting a refund. So far, I’m not aware of any delays elsewhere, but I know my incoming mail has been slow and sparse.

user profile
Seller_F6KxpzaqWYzA6

it is the end. Everything is lost and it is better to set your shops on vacation during the epidemic

user profile
Seller_olet7eVOHxQZd

Media mail has almost the lowest priority in getting moved by the USPS. Since they have posted they are extending Priority and First-Class Packages out an additional day, medial mail will probably get worse.

Go to original post