Used sold as new - listing deactivated @Shelf_Cleaning_Capit

Hello,

We would really appreciate your help with a ‘Used sold as new’ email we received from Amazon (see below), and the POA we need to now submit. We are 100% FBA and have a high number of units of the ASIN at amazon FCs.

@Shelf_Cleaning_Capit

1. Go and look up customer feedback, customer communication, FBA returns (Reports, Fulfillment, FBA Returns), and product reviews. If someone takes the time to describe their issue, listen to it.

We have scoured all of the above, and have found one issue (from May this year) where a customer messaged us saying they received a slightly damaged pen case. We promptly replaced the item, and refunded the customer too. They seemed happy with the outcome.

1. If you have any returns, look up the LPN number under FBA returns (Reports, Fulfillment, FBA Returns). The LPN number coincides to a specific order. There may be comments telling you about the issue.

We looked through all of these, and couldn’t find any information or comments on the items being used, or even something that could relate to this.

1. Inspect items at your place of business for packaging flaws. This could be that the packaging does not stay together and requires taping, needs bubblewrapping, or needs improvement at manufacturing.

We’ve inspected the few units that we have on hand. We didn’t find any issues with packaging. The only thing we could think of was that in transit maybe the outer protective plastic sleeve could be scratched or damaged.

Here is the unedited email from Amazon (received 14th October):

Dear Seller,

We received complaints about items listed at the end of this email. These items did not accurately match the condition or description of the product mentioned in the product detail page of your listings.

Why did I receive this message?

Amazon has several product detail and listing policies to ensure customers have a consistent buying experience and receive items in the condition they expect.

Learn more about our policies in Seller Central Help:

How do I reactivate my listings?

To reactivate your listings, please provide us the following information:

1. A plan of action that explains:
  • The issue(s) that led to the complaints about the condition of your items.

• The actions you have taken to resolve the issue(s) that caused the complaints about the condition of your items.

• The steps you have taken to prevent future complaints about the condition of your items.

• Sourcing: Are you sourcing the product from a trusted supplier?

• Listing: Is the product accurately described on Amazon? Have you ensured that there is no ambiguity and the customer is well informed?

• Packaging: Is the product in its original packaging as listed on Amazon?

• Shipping: Have you taken all appropriate steps and quality checks to ensure that the product is stored, packed, and shipped appropriately?

• Review your communications from buyers to better understand the issues.

• Be as specific as possible in your plan.

• Do not limit your plan to issues with specific orders.Here are a few things to consider as you create your plan:

1. Copies of invoices or receipts from your supplier issued in the last 365 days for the ASINs listed below:
  • These documents should reflect your sales volume during the last 365 days.

• Please include contact information for your supplier, including name, phone number, address, and website. We may contact your supplier to verify the documents. We will maintain the confidentiality of your supplier contact information.

• You may remove pricing information, but the rest of the document must be visible. For ease of our review, you may highlight or circle the ASIN(s) under review.

You can only send .pdf, .jpg, .png, or .gif files. These documents must be authentic and unaltered.

How do I send the required information?

Please send the above information to pq-product-review@amazon.com.

What happens if I do not send the requested information?

If we do not receive the requested information your listings will remain deactivated. If we receive additional complaints about your listings, we may deactivate your Amazon seller account.

We’re here to help

If you have questions about this message, policy, or the information requested above, please ask our Seller Support team to contact you (LINK REMOVE) Additionally, you can get help creating your plan in Seller Central Help ([https://sellercentral.amazon.com/gp/helpu=aHR0cHM6Ly9zZWxsZXJjZW50cmFsLmFtYXpvbi5jb20vZ3AvaGVscC8yMDAzNzA1NjA)).

You can view your account’s performance at (https://sellercentral.amazon.com/performance/dashboard?ref=ah_em_pq)

or select Account Health on the home screen of the Amazon Seller app on your iOS (https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/amazon-Seller/id794141485)

or Android (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.amazon.sellermobile.android&hl=en) device.

The Account Health dashboard shows how well your account is performing against the performance metrics and policies required to sell on Amazon.

Thank you,

Amazon

|Complaint Type|ASIN|Title|Additional Information|

|Used Item Sold as New B07B7LKFRJ Premium Watercolor Real Brush Pens by Sophie’s Art Supplies [24 Pack]. Vibrant Water Soluble Ink. Flexible Brush Tips for Watercolor Effects, Coloring and Calligraphy. Free Blending Brush + Pad!|

@Shelf_Cleaning_Capit , from your main post in Nov 2018, you said “1 item I could not find any issues, complaints or anything”. How did you adapt your plan of action for this? Could you please post your POA here? It seems we’re in a similar situation as cannot find any real evidence.

Here is an initial draft Plan of action etc:

I understand that Amazon takes complaints about a the condition and quality of a product very seriously, and would like to submit my plan of action to you along with the other information you requested.

ASIN- XXX

The issue(s) that led to the complaints about the condition of your items.

After carefully reviewing our entire account, including all orders received for ASIN XXXX, reading our seller feedback, customer correspondence, product reviews, checking FBA returns reasons and comments, we have determined the issues that led to the complaints are:

• Customers received packaging that was slightly damaged.
  • The sealed outer plastic film over the pen case is lightweight and some were scratched in transit.
  • FBA customer returns were placed back into sellable inventory by Amazon.

The actions you have taken to resolve the issue(s) that caused the complaints about the condition of your items.

• We have now started using a much stronger protective film over newly produced pen cases in order to prevent any future transit damage
  • The plastic used for the hard pen case has been upgraded to a stronger and slightly thicker material.
  • We have disabled the repackaging option within seller central

The steps you have taken to prevent future complaints about the condition of your items.

• All items will be packaged securely and as carefully as possible, using high quality materials in order to prevent and damage in transit.
  • For future orders we have upgraded our BV quality inspection for a thorough inspection for any damage, defects or potential future issues so that we can rectify them any and all issues prior to shipment.
  • We will continue to source all of our products from the most reputable and trusted suppliers, and will have regular onsite checks to maintain the highest standard of quality.

Copies of invoices or receipts from your supplier issued in the last 365 days for the ASINs listed below:

-We have a copy of our commercial invoice. The invoice states ‘24 WATERCOLOR BRUSH PENS SET’ but then goes on to break it down into 24 pens, 1 waterbrush pen, and 1 watercolor pad.

(Would this be an issue? Does anyone have an example of an invoice that was accepted by Amazon? Does the ASIN need to be on there? Does it need to be a proforma invoice and not a commercial invoice?)

-Supplier details, phone numbers etc

• Listing: Is the product accurately described on Amazon? Have you ensured that there is no ambiguity and the customer is well informed?

Do we need to address this bullet point at all?

Thanks so much in advance for any help that you guys can give!

Here is an updated version of our draft email…

Any feedback?

FBA customer returns were placed back into sellable inventory by Amazon.

Not the problem.

As I stated in the thread, every issue that Amazon sends you must be addressed. Copy and paste it and answer it.

Review all links you are provided.

As I mentioned in the PM I am swamped at the moment. However I have moved this to another category where you are more likely to get responses from Amazon staff and others.

I’ll try to help when I have a chance.

-Rob

@Sophie_s_Art_Supplie’s issue was already resolved as the Plan of Action was accepted and listing reinstated:

Thanks for posting this to update the topic :slight_smile: And thanks once again for your help! :smiley:

You are welcome, I am always happy to help :))

@Sophie_s_Art_Supplie

Thanks for letting me know by PM that my post Suspended by Amazon. What should I do ? Help with appeals by Oneida Books was very helpful to you. I always enjoy hearing from those that it has helped.

I suspect that you also followed much of @Shelf_Cleaning_Capit’s advice found in their thread, How to deal with Used sold as New Complaints

-Rob

Hey there,

Hannah here.

Glad to hear that your plan was accepted and that the listing was reinstated. Kudos to our wonderful community for always assisting one another.

Best,
Hannah

closed #10

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.