UPS has decreased rates on UPS® shipping services

It must be temporary for the holidays. I just got an email from UPS saying they were raising rates 4.9% beginning 12/29/19.

when i linked my account i noticed the rates were significantly higher, so i unlinked them…

But fedex was always cheaper and they didnt charge for pick ups.

As with rates, the dimensional divisor is also negotiable based on volume. Not sure about UPS but the 139 is the starting point for FedEx.

well i stil see (on a specific shipment UPS 2nd Day Air 22.24
while FedEx 2Day® is 13.70

what joke is that

when is this decrease taking effect

For how long it takes for them to actually deliver a parcel, they ought to lower their rates.

Fedex is taking their annual increase as well; 4.9% average. Seems like they are both “anti-small business”. Also, Fedex spun the media to show that they left Amazon, rather UPS and Amazon negotiated a better deal and Fedex lost Amazon.

Mine showed a decrease already. Am I allowed to show the actual rates on the forum?

UPS Maybe. id did not noticed it yet

But FedEx had lowered it even more. and even for non Amazon buy shipping for sure

Yes what about our FBA shipments UPS has always been higher and a little slower than FedEx was on FBA shipments.

Big difference between raising prices for all and what UPS is doing.

Even with volume, UPS rates have been way out of whack. This is why UPS makes nearly everyone subsidize Amazon’s discounts. It’s not as if we’re not paying to subsidize Amazon enough already in electric discounts, tax abatements, etc. UPS can stick it where the sun don’t shine. I’ll continue using FedEx. I’m not SFP, so I get why some have no choice…

We of course wouldn’t.

But, Amazon eliminated the minimum for Prime shipments, so if you’re SFP goodluck.

Yesterday I bought a Stratocaster tremolo arm for $4 with free one day Prime shipping.

It probably cost Amazon $10+ dollars to purchase this, process it then overnight it to me.

Unless you have a billion dollar side cloud business like Amazon, I suggest you don’t follow their recommendations unless you want to go bust.

Let Amazon sell things at a loss, nobody needs one day shipping on something they can get at the gas station next to their house, but if Amazon is willing to sell $1 notes for 90 cents, then I’m in.

Amazon is 10% of UPS’s revenue, so I dont see how UPS is making everyone subsidize this volume specifically. Your rates are out of whack because you didnt negotiate with a UPS rep, like everyone else does. My rates are far better with UPS than Fedex, and I use UPS and Fedex for my SPF shipments and definitely have a choice.

This is nothing new. Close items do not have 2 Day available. Similarly, shipping a bit further will also remove 3 Day rates, and may make 2 Day available. If you ship an item with 1 Day service, I doubt that it will actually go anywhere by air. It’s just a time in transit commitment.

We got much better pricing through FedEx. UPS wasn’t even close, so we dumped them by taking them off our site and discontinued using them to ship any email, fax, phone or marketplace orders. Maybe you have a good rep, ours sux, or the moon was not aligned properly when we were quoted. Don’t know, don’t care and does not matter much. The key is getting good rates, and we got them.

I love that- Shipping rates keep going up and our customers expect product prices to come down…with free shipping. Just to bring this full circle and also food for thought…what if Amazon said the exact same thing that you just did, but the carriers were swapped? Would you blame them?

Amazon already favors our cheap Chinese competitors. They get better product rank and Amazon prevents buyers from leaving us reviews because we are not FBA. Amazon makes up a small percentage of our total sales, and we have been pulling existing product from the Amazon marketplace (1/3 thus far). Our newest products are not available on Amazon. If Amazon “swaps” us, we shall survive. Though we may leave the Amazon marketplace before that occurs anyway.

Anti-small business? They aren’t anti-business, I assure you. Just like the rest of the business world, volume is king. If you want the best pricing you have to ask for it. EVERYTHING is negotiable. The minimum charges, your dimensional weight DIM divisor, base rate discounts, accessory fee discounts, literally every line item on your contract is negotiable. (and even items not covered in the typical pricing agreement)

They are tough negotiators, but use the tight competition between UPS and FedEx to your advantage. Get them to fight against each other, you will come out as the winner every time.

I meant the Fedex and UPS; Carriers. So what if Amazon said, “We got much better pricing through FedEx(UPS). UPS(Fedex) wasn’t even close, so we dumped them by taking them off our site and discontinued using them to ship any email, fax, phone or marketplace orders. Maybe you have a good rep, ours sux, or the moon was not aligned properly when we were quoted. Don’t know, don’t care and does not matter much. The key is getting good rates, and we got them.” Would you blame Amazon for making their carrier decision, just as you have? again, food for thought.

Too bad I no longer use UPS because multiple times, they have incorrectly assessed me additional fees due to my box measurements supposedly being incorrect. Each time, the dimensions they stated were completely off, even if the box was bent out of shape. I’ve tried getting my money back, but Amazon says to inquire with UPS. UPS won’t discuss it unless I have Amazon’s shipper number. Amazon won’t tell me their shipper number, so I have no recourse to dispute the charge. This never happens to me with any other carrier.