What is changing?
For feeds that list certain consumable product types in the US, Amazon is requiring unit count and unit count type fields. We will use these fields to provide complete price per unit information for these types of listings.
Affected product types
The following product types are affected (flat file feed/XML feed):
- dailylivingaids/[no corresponding XML feed element]
- luxurybeauty/[no corresponding XML feed element]
Feeds for listing the affected product types will require the following fields:
- For flat file feeds: unit_count, unit_count_type.
- For XML feeds (FoodAndBeverages.xsd, Health.xsd, and Beauty.xsd): UnitCount, unitOfMeasure.
Required field values
The unit_count_type field (for flat file feeds) and the unitOfMeasure element (for XML feeds) will require one of the following seven values:
- Fl Oz
- Sq Ft
Starting June 12, 2019, we will make the following changes:
- All custom Inventory File Templates for the affected product types. Two additional field values for the unit_count_type field are added: Sq Ft, Ft. This makes a total of seven unit_count_type field values.
- XML schemas. No change.
Feed processing: In the US marketplace, feeds for creating or updating listings for the affected product types which do not contain the required fields and field values will not be processed. The GetFeedSubmissionResult operation will return a processing report containing processing errors.
Existing listings: Existing listings for the affected product types remain unchanged. However if you attempt to update an existing listing for one of the affected product types and do not include the required fields and field values, your feed will not be processed. The GetFeedSubmissionResult operation will return a processing report containing processing errors.
Which marketplaces are affected?
This change applies to only the US marketplace.
Who is affected?
Developers with applications that create and update listings for the affected product types.
What action is required?
If you have an application that is affected by this change, be sure to:
- Require the unit_count and unit_count_type fields (for flat file feeds) or the UnitCount and unitOfMeasure elements (for XML feeds) when creating or updating listings for the affected product types.
- Require one of the seven required field values for the unit_count_type field (for flat file feeds) or the unitOfMeasure element (for XML feeds) when creating or updating listings for the affected product types.
For more information
For more information about the unit count attributes, see How to determine Price Per Unit in the Seller Central Help.