user profile
Sign in
user profile

Update to automated inventory removals starts October 14

by News_Amazon

To create more room for your products as we approach the holiday season, we’re making a change to the automated removal of unfulfillable inventory.

Starting October 14, 2022, we’ll automatically remove unfulfillable inventory that’s been in fulfillment centers for more than 14 days. Previously, the removals applied to unfulfillable inventory that was in fulfillment centers for more than 30 days.

This update will help you save on storage fees, manage your inventory more effectively, and improve your Inventory Performance Index score by removing unfulfillable items sooner. You can also have unfulfillable inventory refurbished, liquidated, or returned to you automatically by updating your settings.

To manage your unfulfillable inventory settings, go to Automated unfulfillable settings.

If you previously configured your settings to remove unfulfillable inventory on a monthly basis, the frequency will be updated to twice a month starting October 14.

For more information, go to Remove inventory automatically.

Tags: News and Announcements
12 replies
12 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_nstkdGWZl0SW0
In reply to: News_Amazon's post

Here is a better idea

Go through all of our stuff that has been sitting in warehouses for years that we have never been notified is there and get that dealt with. We routinely have stuff that has been sold out for over 12 months mysteriously show up.

user profile
Seller_nRFmxiQg4EGrw

What I would really like is to be able to get rid of the “Unfulfillable Inventory” that, if I try to remove, shows as “1 not available for removal” and a note of “Warehouse Damaged”, that has been showing the same thing for the last 3-4 years. Why can’t Amazon get rid of them? Either let me submit a removal order, or admit that they are lost, and reimburse me for them, even though it will be only a few pennies.

user profile
Seller_dd8CaWlh9ntK2
This post has been deleted
user profile
Seller_sUfyk7ajzPzny

Time for a bump.

user profile
Seller_HkVbGs8yyweve

What happens to my inventory with this automatic removal? Does this mean that I will need to pay for shipping back to me for unsold inventory? I have over 1300 books.

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post