Upcoming changes in shipment confirmation

Hello,

To improve the delivery experience of seller-fulfilled orders for our customers, we want to ensure customers can see detailed shipment tracking information wherever possible. We have found that this also reduces customer contacts, order-related defects, and lost-shipment costs, while improving seller feedback ratings.

What is the new requirement?

Today, for seller-fulfilled orders, you are required to provide the carrier name when you confirm shipment through the Manage Orders page on Seller Central. We are making the following changes to the shipment confirmation process:

• Beginning April 5, 2021, you will be required to provide the carrier name (that is, the carrier-code field) when you confirm shipments via bulk feeds, APIs, or integrators. Some of the commonly used carrier names are USPS, UPS, and FedEx.

• Beginning May 3, 2021, Amazon will validate tracking details (including carrier name and tracking ID) for all seller-fulfilled orders, and show warnings for invalid tracking details.

Frequently asked questions

1. How do I enter the carrier name?

In order to provide the carrier name during shipment confirmation, do the following:

• When using Manage Orders on Seller Central (https://sellercentral.amazon.com/orders-v3), select the carrier name from the drop-down list. If you don’t see your carrier listed in the drop-down list, select ‘Other’ and input the carrier name in the text field. We will add more carriers over time.

• When using bulk feeds or APIs, provide the carrier-code (‘CarrierCode’ for APIs) during shipment confirmation for each order. If you are using an unlisted carrier, set the carrier code as ‘Other’ and then provide the carrier name in the carrier-name field (‘CarrierName’ for APIs). To learn more about the carrier-code and carrier-name fields, visit https://sellercentral.amazon.com/gp/help/G641. Note: If you are using an integrator, work with your integrator to ensure the carrier details are provided to us when confirming a shipment.

• When using Buy Shipping, there is no action required. We automatically collect data on carriers and ship methods used through Buy Shipping.

1. What happens if I provide an incorrect tracking ID during shipment confirmation?

During the shipment confirmation process, you will receive a warning message “Please enter a valid tracking ID to confirm shipment.” Once you have entered a valid tracking ID, you will be able to confirm your shipment.

1. Do I need to provide shipping service (or ship method) details during the shipment confirmation process?

Shipping service (or ship method) details are not required to confirm a shipment, but we highly recommend that you provide these details. This helps Amazon to provide accurate shipment tracking information to customers.

The Amazon Services team

Really you don’t think that EACH and EVERY seller did not receive this exact email.

These announcements have been posted on the forums since the beginning of time - I’ve never seen a negative reaction to one since yours. It gives sellers the opportunity to discuss the announcement on a main thread.

I didn’t receive this email and was unaware of these changes. I use buy shipping though so doesn’t affect me

For reference, it appears this is a list of accepted carriers according to their help page:

4PX, A-1, AAA Cooper, ABF, Asendia, Best Buy, Blue Package, Canada Post, CEVA, China Post, Conway, DHL, DHL eCommerce, Estes, FedEx, Fedex Freight, FedEx SmartPost, First Mile, Hongkong Post, Hunter Logistics, India Post, JCEX, Lasership, Newgistics, Old Dominion, OnTrac, OSM, Pilot Freight, R+L, Roadrunner, Royal Mail, Saia, SF Express, SFC, StreamLite, UPS, UPS Freight, UPS Mail Innovations, Urban Express, USPS, XPO Freight, Yanwen, Yellow Freight, Yun Express

To be fair, every News Headline is accompanied by @Amazon_News opening a topic-thread on the subject, over in the US Announcements Forum, as it has done here:

Links to these accompanying threads are included at the bottom of each News Headline - before a member of our Seller Community posts the first reply, the link will generally read “Start the discussion”, and once someone has posted, that’ll typically change to “Join the discussion” in most cases I’ve seen over the years; there are already some insightful comments posted in the ‘official’ thread by some of the seasoned forum veterans of your caliber, Pascal.

Technically-speaking, creating another topic-thread on the same subject might be viewed by the FMT (“Forum Moderation Team”) as a violation of the Forum Guidelines’ proscription of ‘duplicate threads’ - which is why it will sometimes close such threads (with or without a Duplicate Thread admonition), or merge one thread into another (with or without either public or private notice; this latter mechanism seems to have fallen out of favor with the FMT of late, perhaps because of complaints of it tending to create confusion in regards to the temporal progression of posts).

All that said, it seems that all-too few of us pay close attention (if any at all, dadgummit) to News Headlines, and there seems to be little doubt that the Selling on Amazon Forum (and certain of its sub-fora, like the General Selling Questions Forum that we’re conversing in now) attracts wider attention than do others, so AFAIC it might not be a bad thing to bring attention here as well.

ETA:
Sawle beat me to it.