user profile
Sign in
user profile

Upc

by Seller_FoeOHopHJaH8g

I am selling an item that have other suppliers. Do i need my own UPC or just use their ASIN or FNSKU #? What are the benefits of getting my own; if i need to?

Tags: ASIN, SKU
16 replies
Most helpful reply
user profile
Seller_3N7yVnTXPzLkL
In reply to: Seller_FoeOHopHJaH8g's post

The ASIN is tied to a catalog page which you cannot list on.

You need a new UPC and it must be one that Amazon will accept for the product.

There are multiple threads on the problems which sellers who are not Brand Registered are having finding an acceptable UPC.

Jump to reply
16 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_olet7eVOHxQZd

If you are selling the exact same item including BRAND, you are require to list on the published listing.

If you have some generic thing from overseas that just looks like someone elses generic thing from overseas…most likely you cannot list on their listing as they have probably added a BRAND.

user profile
Seller_lYLz1roOGTQRE

Use the existing listing to sell yours if it is exactly the same. That means your item will have the same ASIN. If you send it to FBA you put your specific FNSKU on the item so Amazon will know which of all those ASIN are yours.

An item’s ASIN is the same for everyone, FNSKUs are seller-specific. You do not need a UPC unless you create your own listing. If you merely add your offer to an existing listing the item already has a UPC associated with it at Amazon so you won’t need one.

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post