user profile
Sign in
user profile

Unable to list product: UPC/ISBN Conflict

by Seller_r16ZtyHBeB8Vt

I am trying to list a product but I keep getting the error:
“You are using UPCs, EANs, ISBNs, ASINs, or JAN codes that do not match the products you are trying to list. If you believe you have reached this message in error, please contact Seller Support.”

Product Description:
The product I am trying to add is a “Book and Poster Pack”. The book has the same ISBN number as another one of my otrher listings. The only difference between the products is that one includes an additional poster insert and therefore needs to be identified separately.

I have purchased UPC numbers to identify the difference in each product but it’s not allowing me to add the product using the UPC number.

I’m assuming this is because you can’t use a UPC number when categorising a product as a book (which requires an ISBN)

Please advise!

Tags: ASIN, Listings
2 replies
2 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_i3DcETKK41A76
In reply to: Seller_r16ZtyHBeB8Vt's post

You are correct. You need an ISBN to list a book. Since there is no unique ISBN for this publisher bundle, the only option would be to have the listing ‘Cleaved’ by Amazon. This is where they allow a second product page to have a UPC/ISBN that already exists.

Go ahead and list on the product page that has the same ISBN. However, leave your quantity as ‘0’ so it remains in your Inactive Inventory list. Then, edit the your offer listing and update with the information to match your product. This includes the title, images, description, etc… Then save your changes.

Next, open a case with seller support asking them to “cleave” your listing – the catalog team can do this so mention that this needs to be sent to the catalog team for resolution. You will need to provide proof that your data is correct. Provide images and/or link to the manufacturer’s website. This will ultimately result in two product pages for this ISBN. Once confirmed, adjust your inventory to make your listing and product page active.

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post