user profile
Sign in
user profile

Trying to get approved to sell dietary supplements

by Seller_ovnYbUxT0EkwP

I have requested permission to sell dietary supplements and this is the second time I have been denied.

The first time the reason was - - The company name or address on the manufacturer’s document you have provided does not match the company name or address as listed on the invoice.

When you apply Amazon asks for an invoice from either the manufacturer OR the distributor.

I am purchasing from the distributor so I gave them the distributors invoice and obviously the distributor is going to have a different address than the manufacturer. The GMP has the manufacturers address.

The manufacturer and distributor are sister companies owned by the same people, I explained this and was still denied.

What makes matters worse, when I asked the company what I should do. They said I should just reapply because they have many sellers selling on Amazon and have provided the exact same documents which got them accepted. I applied again but got denied again and this time they did not provide a reason.

Can someone please help understand what I need to do?

Tags: Address
4 replies
4 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_CW0P5hgbsiqWX
In reply to: Seller_ovnYbUxT0EkwP's post

Well, are you supplying actual FDA certificates? Are your products manufactured in the USA, or outside the USA? Why don’t the addresses match? Did you submit a credit account invoice from the manufacture in your companies name?

The response from the company saying Others have been accepted, is bogus. It means that that the merchandise is made outside the USA, they never had it inspected, and they know it will not pass a FBA inspection.

user profile
Seller_bWU6w5XvXmIfs

I have been approved in the Dietary Supplements category immediately after clicking on the “Request approval” button, without having to provide any documents.

If you are having trouble getting approved, I would advise you to sell something else until you establish a selling history on Amazon and then try again after 6 months. Maybe you will be lucky and get the automatic approval.

user profile
Seller_i0yuaRBrNCqoA

Sell $50,000 in products you are allowed to sell. Do 100% FBA (thereby almost guaranteeing you perfect reviews). You will be able to get ungated for 90% or categories and subcategories. I’m approved for topicals, dietary supplements, automotive, etc etc.

All I did was apply and got auto approved. None of the paperwork.

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post