Tips for selling on amazon

Don’t know if anyone else is interested, MSNBC has a Saturday/Sunday morning show called Your Business - 6:30 AM here. Today they had someone either from Amazon or a long-time seller on Amazon discussing how to maximize your sales there. Got in on the end, so mo more details. Repeated tomorrow morning at 6:30. Just FYI.

Edited by: pacaritambobooks on Oct 28, 2017 4:54 AM

I doubt anything new there that hasn’t been mentioned here…

Channel 356 on DirecTV. I have DVR’d it for tomorrow morning. (4:30am on the West Coast)

These shows are a lot like informercials there is always someone on the show who comes on as a guest but is promoting a show or a book.

I would be shocked if they share any useful information.
I’m usually not a pessimist but this is how it usually happens.

If you get a useful tip or two out of it…it will great but I wouldn’t hold my breath over it.

IMO this show is a business oriented fluff piece and rarely results in anything other then a short “feel good” infomercial for the business being highlighted / promoted. I wouldn’t expect to learn anything operationally useful from it.

Breakfast at mtndst’s place tomorrow. I’ll bring the eggs.

Will they bring up the “sprinkler effect” or will it a be a social engineered recruitment tool?

>
> Don’t know if anyone else is interested, MSNBC has a Saturday/Sunday morning show called Your Business - 6:30 AM here. Today they had someone either from Amazon or a long-time seller on Amazon discussing how to maximize your sales there. Got in on the end, so mo more details. Repeated tomorrow morning at 6:30. Just FYI.

I watched something like that several weeks ago on some kind of “business” show - don’t know if it was this same program you’re talking about or not. I’ll try to catch it to see.

What I saw was a bunch of Talking Heads at Amazon - young sprouts on their way up the corporate ladder - spouting all the proper buzz words about Amazon and how it works, how to optimize one’s potential there, all the stellar benefits Amazon offers sellers, etc., etc.

But, from what they said, it was CLEAR that they were talking about how they THOUGHT it worked…how they and their colleagues had DESIGNED it to work, how it was SUPPOSED to work. It was obvious that they had no clue how it REALLY works.

I doubt they ever visited the trenches or had any interest in getting their hands dirty to see how things unfold in actuality, from the standpoint of real-life sellers. It was all +theory+.

A fluff piece is what I saw. About a fairy-tale Amazon that doesn’t exist.

Their actions speak the truth, only time most companies will bump up the marketing is when the well starts too or has become dry… or should I say better educated.

Come on over! Can you send the Amazon drone with the bacon?

closed #11

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.