This SKU has an inconsistent product classification with the ASIN

I am also having the same issue, please advise

This SKU has an inconsistent product classification with the ASIN

Did you solved your problem? how exactly?

I had the same issue. The problems was when uploading items marked as FBA, they needed to have the compliance fields filled out, like “batteries_required”.

Take a look at your processing report.

You could re-import as seller fulfilled and manually move them to FBA or add the compliance data to the sheet.

If my new parent listing says “status incomplete” can I delete it in seller central without it affecting the child SKUs and start over?

I just received this too in the middle of finishing the assignment. It is a new listing , I am hoping this will be a short term thing I can get in there and fix it!

I just saw the same thing. I’m hoping this is short term as well.

Without any instruction from Amazon on what process is needed to submit a FEED to update the SKU in order to have it match the ASIN, I would assume that the ASIN is currently listed in the wrong product category. This can happen when someone hijacks your listing (as they did with me) in order to sell their own products using your ASIN under a different category (such as portable air conditioning units),which is also what happened in my case. When you become frustrated with not being able to edit it as the parent object for your child listings, you might even delete it(as I did) and even though it still shows up after you still use it for your template upload, it is only a dud listing that will no nonger function. So what to do now? Well, I guess you could start over by trying a catalog search for one of your own existing child listings, then use that one as the parent of new child listings?

Your answer is very choppy…
What did you do to fix the problem?

I am having this problem on products that have no FBA.

I had the same problem. I could not fix parent link/product. However, I could edit the variations. The problem in my case was in the tab “Vital information” color was missing for each variation. Once input color for each the problem was resolved. I hope it helped.

Best
-Zeenat Market

I found that I had another variation that had my pumps in it and I broke it by deleting the old parent. Wait until; it is gone from inventory, then upload with new parent. Problem solved…

So this is what i see. I can’t get passed this .

Hi Guys this was from Seller support - from A recent enquiry I made - hope it helps your situation.

Hello from Amazon Selling Partner Support,

I understand that you have been receiving an error message stating that " This SKU has an inconsistent product classification with the ASIN. Please submit a feed to update this SKU to match the ASIN product classification " when you try to add a new product . I will certainly assist you in this case and provide you the needful information.

Please be informed that whenever you create a listing, there will be a field called “Item Classification” in which the seller will have two options such as Variation parent and Base product.

If a seller is creating a variation listing, then seller needs to select “Variation parent” in Item Classification field.

If a seller is creating a standalone listing, then the seller needs to select “Base product” in Item Classification field.

In this case you would have created this listing as a standalone listing but you would have selected the “Variation parent” in the Item Classification field and that’s why your listing was not available in Amazon for sale.

How to make the listing Active:

Since the item classification is Incorrectly entered, the listing is not showing in the Amazon detail page. In order to make the listing active, you need to delete the listing and create a new listing again for this listing by entering the Item classification correctly which is BASE product.

Here I request you to delete the listing from your inventory and create a new listing with the Item classification as Base product and this listing will become available for sale. ​​

Thanks for posting this. Although I don’t know about you but the category I am in has no reference to a classification field either through online or the flat file.

I am having the same issue, did you fix it?

Where that field is located? I cant find it. Thanks

Nope. I deleted the listing and re-listed, bumped into a whole new set of issues.

Are you listing your products with “Brand Name: N/A” ?

This is what the customer service just replied:

I have checked and found that your parent is showing as incomplete due to missing attribute - “brand” therefore please contribute this attribute from your end so that your parent will be complete which can be use to create variation with it’s 2 variants: White and Black.

My reply:

I just want to point out that according with the Amazon Brand Name Policy we need to put N/A in the brand field if the product is unbranded.

This is what the guide says:

When should Sellers use “ N/A” as their ASIN’s brand value?
Sellers should use the brand value “N/A” when the product they are selling does not belong to any brand. For example, a pack of paper towels that do not belong to a brand would not have any branding, so the ASIN should use the brand value “N/A”.

“N/A” should not be used when a product contains branding from a brand. For example, a computer mouse that is permanently affixed with the branding from AmazonBasics should not use “N/A” as the brand value. Instead, the brand value should be “AmazonBasics”.

Source: https://sellercentral.amazon.com/gp/help/G2N3GKE5SGSHWYRZ

Have you had a response? We are in the same error loop.

FWIW I requested Amazon translate a listing to Amazon Japan and it showed up in my account like this. My account rep said that the translation is still marked as WIP so I’m hoping they are trying to resolve the issue??