user profile
Sign in
user profile

This is why I'm not a people person. "My order I placed last night at 9:30 is late"

by Seller_xuNiUdaGYf8sp

Oh I’m sorry, my magic instant portal to get your item there immediately is down at the moment, you’ll have to wait for USPS delivery.

Tags: Images
172 replies
172 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_mcvheRbxGzGzI
In reply to: Seller_xuNiUdaGYf8sp's post

You don’t have a backup portal?!?

user profile
Seller_kNAboD6kRgVt7

You didn’t bang on the door of the post office and demand they ship your package RIGHT NOW?!

Just curious, what did you reply?

user profile
Seller_DdmPiA1p1S2Wu

I wonder if the customer is just this incredibly impatient, or if they sent their message to the wrong seller and they have a different item that is late?

user profile
Seller_pBEwo8CxxHc63

It’s a drop shipper I would bet

user profile
Seller_iMEdibTTEFNhJ

You haven’t invested in Amazon’s drone delivery yet?

user profile
Seller_G53rrrmDqxLLo

Even if you could instantly transport the item to the customer, you would still have a problem, How would you prove delivery!!!

user profile
Seller_uYKRFNCCZzkjD

Did the order by any chance come from George or Jane Jetson?

user profile
Seller_M04MjNuWAA1Xz

Neither am I in these cases.

I normally wait to respond to the buyer and remind them they placed an order on the weekend and the message they sent about the order being late was sent one day after ordering. I’ll then apologize they believe the order is late, remind them of the max delivery date then cancel their order. In some cases I’ll first increase my handling time substantially just in case they re-order and will drag my feet on shipping the item. If it were eBay, I’d also ban their user name as I have no desire to deal with buyers like this which are unfortunately commonplace here on Amazon.

user profile
Seller_QxQ9aTlFs5o7C

Amazon is spoiling bad buyers at sellers cost.
Most of the time buyers think they buy from the big giant and rich Amazon, not sellers. So they act like a spoiled child and if you don’t do what they want they have the powerful bad review gun and you have no defense.
A few days ago I had a return for the reason “arrived too late”. The order was placed Feb 18, 7:26 PM. Delivery by: Tue, Feb 23 to Fri, Feb 26. Item was shipped next day and arrive on Feb 22, exactly one day before the first expected delivery date.
Meanwhile our money goes to USPS to take our products for a short round trip.

user profile
Seller_QLmaeynhM9YtB

Trust me - people are highly over-rated.

Go to original post