user profile
Sign in
user profile

The timing of requesting a Bin Check for FBA inbound shipment with mislabeled inventory

by Seller_S30vL6UmL0m5D

I sent in 50 units with the same FNSKU labels into FBA. 4 of the units were the wrong size/variation compared to the other 46 units; I figured out I had screwed up before the shipment arrived to FBA. I have current inventory of that same FNSKU already in stock and selling. I closed that listing immediately to ensure a customer does not receive the wrong product.

I’m trying to avoid having to recall all items in stock. What is the best time to ask for a Bin Check for the 50 units that just arrived at FBA today but still haven’t been counted as of yet; to have a chance at not having to recall all my inventory?

Tags: FBA, INR (item not received), Lost shipment, Shipping labels
4 replies
4 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_MGkCKYDAZkNDG
In reply to: Seller_S30vL6UmL0m5D's post

I will be highly surprised if there is an option not to remove all of inventory.

user profile
Seller_spBEmM4GC9jW1

There is a way, but the it has to be either blatantly obvious or printed in plain english and easy to find. Probably best to return it all, as there are no guarantees they will catch everything, and customers will most likely not let it slide, which can run into bigger issues like invoice requests and bait and switch kind of stuff you will have to mitigate.
Item different than described, or not as described claims can open a can of worms.

user profile
Seller_vEGBZmGzvKttn

I have a product that has two variations - call it red and blue. I received a couple of customer complaints that they ordered red and received blue. I refunded them and in one case they ordered a second and had the same problem. At that point I closed the listing, asked Amazon to do a bin check.

The Amazon seller support rep said luckily all ~80 products of red were still in a single warehouse. The actual bin check took a week or two to get a response. Amazon said they checked them all, and all the blue were correctly labeled as blue.

Sure enough, after I reopened the listing I had another couple complaints of ordering red and receiving blue. In one case I had my 3PL who had done the labeling/prep on these products send out a replacement product directly to the customer to prevent any negative feedback.

Bottom line, Amazon’s bin checks are about as useful as anything else from Seller Support (read: not very useful at all).

In retrospect just recalling all 80 or so products to be relabeled would have taken about the same amount of time, and probably been about the same cost as eating a few refunds and risking negative product or seller feedback.

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post