The reason why sales are slow

I am attempting to buy an iphone 6 case my self and I keep getting the following error:

Oops! We’re sorry
An error occurred when we tried to process your request. Rest assured, we’re working to resolve the problem as soon as possible. If you were trying to make a purchase, please check to confirm that the order was placed. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Tried different, browsers and different computers using differnet ISPs. Clearly amazon has an issue and this is the direct result of slow sales, there are many that can’t probably place orders atm…

I called amazon and they say they are aware of this and it can take anywhere from few minutes to few hours to fix… lol… I wonder how many times this happens.

This is pathetic, considering its amazon.

I don’t think it is effecting everyone, but definitely a good portion. I have had a few orders come through as well, but small amount. I just asked another rep if it is an on going issue, he said yes, that means it is effecting majority.

you might be right, I haven’t received any orders today, usually I get 3 - 4 early in the morning and more throughout the day, but so far NOTHING, unusual

I’ve been trying to purchase items all afternoon from Amazon without success. If I can not buy from you then customers can’t buy from me. Great, I’ve got bills to pay and I’ve been informed by the Great Oz that I can’t sell dvds any longer past Nov. 13.

I was wondering. We had a good amount of sales this morning and then it just stopped like a light turning off.

Great, first you take away my dvd sales, then make it so I can’t sell them efficiently before nov 17…

Glad it wasn’t addressed to us in any emails or messages…

Professionalism at its finest.

I was able to buy something today, but I haven’t gotten many orders.

wonder if this is the reason for the slow weekend haha

I’ve run into this error a couple of times (not only recently), but usually I can reload the page and it’s fine. That may not be the case for everyone. Maybe try clearing your browser data (cache/cookies/history) and give it another shot.

The weekend was only a little slower than normal for me, but Amazon is constantly up and down, so this may or may not be the actual reason. Still, thanks for making us aware of the issue.

I noticed a slowdown the last 5 days. Thanks for providing a reason to help soothe my ego.

Its slow today. So so slow.

1 sale yesterday and 0 today. sooo unusual.
ridiculously slow. I was thinking jewish Holidays maybe

Global Amazon outage keeps some customers from placing orders

September 23, 2014 1:44 PM PDT

Some Amazon customers are having trouble placing orders on the shopping site, which customer service representatives contacted by CNET attribute to technical issues on Tuesday.

Two customer service agents told CNET the worldwide outage is a “known issue” and that the company’s technical support team is working on it. One agent attributed the problems to servers being down, while another said the issues are because Amazon is upgrading its site. Both said the outage, which started at about 10 a.m. PT, could last for several hours but should be resolved later Tuesday.

Amazon did not return a request for comment. The glitch is a rare occurrence for the normally reliable e-commerce company known for an easy checkout process and quick delivery. The site has about 250 million active customer accounts.

Customers were reporting issues when going through the purchase process. They were able to add items to their cart but then couldn’t complete the transaction. The outage hit both mobile and desktop versions of Amazon’s site.

Some customers are able to successfully make a purchase, but many others receive error messages saying, “Oops! We’re sorry. An error occurred when we tried to place your request. Rest assured, we’re working to resolve the problem as soon as possible. If you were trying to make a purchase, please check to confirm that the order was placed. We apologize for the inconvenience.”

Thank you, OP for posting this discussion. I was feeling discouraged but now relieved to know that it’s just a glitch.

…and thank you, speck666, for the article regarding the problem.

Sales are still super slow for me. Is Amazon still having issues?

This feels VERY unusual too, I have been asking myself WHY, it doesn’t feel right. Why suddenly almost to nothing. Seller Central was down 2 days ago too and I believe there must be something wrong with the system until now that is affecting everyone, both buyers and sellers. I noticed a lot of changes on the seller central as well. It looks like Amazon system is undergoing a lot of changes or renovations and could be one of the reasons for slow or no sales for most of us sellers. Hope it gets fixed soon. This feels very weird.

2 points I’d like to mention:

1. Sales are ALWAYS slow for +somebody+.

2. Amazon ALWAYS has +some+ glitch.

The 2 are not related.

I feel your pain. I’ve been at Amazon for a long time, and every once in a while sales tank. Right now I’m in the 4th day of a sudden drop-off, and it’s scary. I’ve studied everything and can’t explain it. My listings are still showing in Google search, I remain competitive in pricing, feedback is great … and yet every item is down. So, I hustle as best I can, spend more on advertising, contact past customers for feedback (which reminds them of my shop), and anything else I can do.

I’m experiencing the same thing.

I just hope that next time I sign on, I’ll have some orders waiting for me to ship out. It’s all I can do.

I’ll add one:

1. Sales are ALWAYS slow for people who have slow sales…

if you want higher sales then sell more! It’s a problem of perspective.