Temporarily prioritizing products coming into our fulfillment centers

what about customers buying what is already in the FBA centers?

I spent quite a bit of time yesterday telling people to stop sharing that crap article that AMAZON IS SUSPENDING SHIPMENTS> No one gets it, this could actually help them get the crap they are trying to buy. Scare mongering journalists get a whiff of seller central news from a disgruntled seller and WHAM- AMAZON IS CLOSING AND ITS THE END OF DAYS— Im going back to my bunker to ship my whopping 12 orders today—

The nature of this business is to sell/deliver what people want/need, isn’t it?

I would be surprise if such an important company as Amazon on this chain would not get “affected” by all of this. Of course, the Amazon employees are and will be affected too. Some of them might even be sick, quarantined, have kids at home because of closed schools?
In my opinion It isn’t time to brag about which business model is more advantageous. It is time to ask what we can learn from this circumstance and grow with it.

The nature of this business is to sell/deliver what people want/need, isn’t it?

I would be surprised if such an important company as Amazon on this chain would not get “affected” by all of this. Of course, the Amazon employees are and will be affected too. Some of them might even be sick, quarantined, have kids at home because of closed schools?
In my opinion, It isn’t time to brag about which business model is more advantageous. It is time to ask what we can learn from this circumstance and grow with it.

They are shipping but it is SLOW!

Are we still gonna pay the inventory fee’s for the process that we are not able to sell our products?

Thanks!

This is all about Amazon profiting the most by screwing their base of sellers and harming the economy. My business will tank in the short run because of this, I hope that Amazon self destructs. As far as I am concerned they can all rot in - well, pick your location.

I understand and support the measures Amazon has taken so far. However, as you are disrupting the supply chain of all of your FBA Sellers, you should also suspend (at 0% interest) all loan repayments. This should be done immediately.

We sell medical uniforms that are in high demand right now with all the new employees being hired and also to keep employees in fresh, clean uniforms. These uniforms are essentials for nurses to do their jobs. Can our products be allowed to resume inbound shipping?

I created a shipment plan for my product (non-essential) prior to this announcement. Back in early March. My supplier is ready to ship but I have asked them to hold off until I know for sure that it will be received at Amazon. I want to be sure that it will indeed be received?

Check this thread

considering all that is going on, how many sales would you expect to make on non-staple items? this whole thing stinks, but many places are locking their doors and ending any possible income. why would it be different here? you don’t have to shut down but sales are going to drop to near zero on many items

I think you didnt read towards the bottom of this FBA announcement, it says “we are opening 100,000 new full- and part-time positions in our fulfillment centers across the US.”

Apparently Amazon does not care whether their employees will be effected or not, this is purely a for profit business decision. Just like their ranking system algorithm, what sells hot will go to the top of the page. Right now medical and household supplies are hot, so they prioritize those products to maximize their profit and use seemingly humanitarian reasons to mask their greed. Amazon is a giant for profit corporation, stop treating it like its a compassionate human being.

In addition, we typically create the shipments at the time of PO placement, so we still have several shipments left from orders that we’ve placed in the last couple of weeks, which will probably enable us to have work until the end of next week, at least. I can’t imagine not having any created shipments for orders arriving a few days after order placement… maybe this can serve as a takeaway from this unfortunate situation. In addition, take advantage of this time to clean up your inventory, reassess margins and product strategy, and streamline your processes!

I strongly encourage you to read and participate in @FS2018’s current, active topic: Thinking about switching to FBM, here's some things to think about.

Will Amazon be giving a refund or credit on monthly seller fees? I only sell one product through FBA so if I can’t restock it then I’m just wasting money to keep my store open unless the monthly fee is waived.

Wrong!

I am with you…hours were cut in half until further notice. I have a family to take care of

email amazon lending. they seem to be reviewing each account but you have to contact them first

Some people need the warehouse.