Temporarily prioritizing products coming into our fulfillment centers

We are closely monitoring the developments of COVID-19 and its impact on our customers, selling partners, and employees.

We are seeing increased online shopping, and as a result some products such as household staples and medical supplies are out of stock. With this in mind, we are temporarily prioritizing household staples, medical supplies, and other high-demand products coming into our fulfillment centers so that we can more quickly receive, restock, and deliver these products to customers.

For products other than these, we have temporarily disabled shipment creation. We are taking a similar approach with retail vendors.

This will be in effect today through April 5, 2020, and we will let you know once we resume regular operations. Shipments created before today will be received at fulfillment centers.

You can learn more about this on this Help page. Please note that Selling Partner Support does not have further guidance.

We understand this is a change to your business, and we did not take this decision lightly. We are working around the clock to increase capacity and yesterday announced that we are opening 100,000 new full- and part-time positions in our fulfillment centers across the US.

We appreciate your understanding as we prioritize the above products for our customers.

Thank you for your patience, and for participating in FBA.

Temporarily prioritizing products coming into our fulfillment centers
How do FBA items simply disappear?
I cannot send any of my current items into FBA. Keep getting listing errors
Selling FBA during Crisis
What safety measures are you implementing in your warehouses re: Coronavirus?
Is what i am hearing true?
Please Help! "Your Amazon.com selling privileges have been removed"
Dear Jeff - When will you address the Amazon Lending crisis?
Restock Request
COVID-19: Impact on the health of your Amazon seller account and frequently asked questions
FBA not shipping a lot of orders... Anyone else?

Well --this is just another reason to self fulfill orders… good luck all you FBA people…

This needs to be pinned

Amazon just put tons of businesses out of business. Destroyed thousands of jobs amidst a crisis. Horrible joke. Absolute joke. No warning. Expect major lawsuits coming from sellers who now will go bankrupt.

indeed

Wow, I am going to have crazy nightmares tonight.

and a million FBA vendors are going to wake up tomorrow to a bad dream.

Why is this snuck into the forums at 2:45am but not posted on the main seller central page and mass emailed to all sellers?

Image how many are going to put in but orders tomorrow to try and help keep in stock then see this. You didn’t think you have to check for sneaky announcements.

Manage Inventory and Manage FBA Inventory pages are down

WE HAVE BEEN QUARANTINED !!!

You declare that you care about FBA businesses, Do you understand how this impacts the businesses taking into consideration that you have your boot on our neck with the IPI score so Amazon can lower the logistic costs and deliver more profits?

Three of my stuff are on water, how about that?

We fulfill a lot of SKU’s in house, but we also have a large FBA component for products that are specifically targeted or do well with prime customers, so that’s definitely gonna hurt. We just completed a big restock shipment yesterday, but would have sent much more knowing they were gonna stop incoming shipments, so I imagine they snuck this in overnight as to not create a ‘couple of weeks before the black Friday rush’ situation. For a company that has such solid Q4 experience dealing with insane temporary spikes in order and fulfillment volumes, not anticipating the recent rush is definitely a proactive vs. reactive logistics failure on their part. We’ve known the crazy rush to buy staples would be coming for weeks, it was just a question of when it would happen. I had assumed Amazon would to see it coming too and be ready for it.

I am affected big time. I am a one man (woman) band having my own handmade business. I don’t sell, I don’t eat. Period.
However, it is not the time to point a finger at others. This virus is not a joke and am sure Amazon didn’t take the decision to suspend FBA shipments, just because they felt like it.
Have you considered the fact that the Amazon employees are affected also? Some of them might even be sick, quarantined, have kids at home because of closed schools? It is not about you, it is not time to be selfish. This is a matter of life and death for many people around the globe. People who raised us, who loved us, who are proud of our achievements, who spent sleepless nights staying by our bed sides to make sure we were ok., people who still worry how we are every day. These are the people at risk!
Amazon is prioritizing their work load, so they can make sure the supplies needed for us to survive are in stock, not because they would get more money out of it, but because this is what is needed right now.
Enough selfishness! Enough! It is time for all of us, no matter what race, age, gender, religion to stand together and face the danger ahead of us. For most of us, this would mean inconvenience. For those at risk, it means a matter of life and death.
BTW, I am currently in Asia and see it first hand. You have no idea what is coming your way. Amazon is taking the right measures to have continues supply of the vital products.

Before today means already or does it mean in 23 hours from now?

You just have to fulfill FBM. It’s more work, but doable.

It isn’t a blanket prohibition – there are many categories still accepting shipments:

We are prioritizing household staples, medical supplies, and other high-demand products coming into our fulfillment centers so that we can more quickly receive, restock, and deliver these products to customers. Most of the products we are accepting at this time are in the below categories.

1. Baby Products
2. Health & Household
3. Beauty & Personal Care (including personal care appliances)
4. Grocery
5. Industrial & Scientific
6. Pet Supplies

Oops, I made a mistake. Shipments created BEFORE the 17th will be accepted. They do not have to have been shipped yet.

I would, but as I said I am in Asia right now and my only option was to send FBA. I have a box with 300+ units literally ready to go. I logged on a couple of hours back to complete the shipment and the system wouldn’t let me because of “technical issues”. Now I know why.
Anyway, there is nothing we can do about it. I just pray that the spread of the virus will stop soon and we would be able to resume out daily activities.

I may not have any luck with this. FBA inventory creation site won’t even load. I’ll keep trying before most sellers wake up tomorrow and possibly not being able to do anything.

Did you try creating a shipment?

You can only ship the shipment that are completed. I have a ready to ship shipment, but I didn’t “complete” it and the system doesn’t allow me to. The site shows “technical problem”.

omg