Tax file


Due to Internal Revenue Service (IRS) regulations, U.S. third-party settlement organizations and payment processors, including Amazon, are required to file Form 1099-K for U.S. taxpayer sellers who meet the following thresholds in a calendar year:

  • More than $20,000 in unadjusted gross sales, and
  • More than 200 transactions.

If you do not meet both of these thresholds, you will not receive an IRS Form 1099-K.
If I didnt make those sale ($20,000) I wont get any document. Do I still need to report income ? How can I do it?


If you earn income in the USA, the IRS expects you to report it. Does not matter if it is working a W2 job painting walls, flipping burgers, or selling items for a profit.

If you are an individual you will file Schedule C.