user profile
Sign in
user profile

Taking over my siblings account. Transferring to LLC? NEED HELP!

by Seller_JU6CTm9qHxvKE

Hi everyone, I have a question that I need advice on and the best way to solve this issue.

My brother started this seller account and we worked together, he then found a job and no longer does Amazon anymore so I am the only one running this account 100%. The account is under his name. What is the best way to transfer this account under my name for tax purposes (this coming year, I already know 2019 is over with)?? I don’t want to have to make a whole new account since I have about 1,500 active listings all in FBA warehouses. A friend of mine said I should transfer it to an LLC under my name. If I do that, how long does it typically take? Will amazon pause my account while reviewing? How long does the whole process take? Any advice or suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated. Thank you all so much!

Tags: Taxes
28 replies
28 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_Hi7wbO2Kbo6bl
In reply to: Seller_JU6CTm9qHxvKE's post

Amazon accounts may not be sold or transferred.

user profile
Seller_olet7eVOHxQZd

Sellers move from private to LLC all the time. You may need your brother to be a silent partner.

user profile
Seller_awYU0oH8skccg

Have your Brother “Hire” You to handle his Account…if you’re not truly “Joint Owners”…Digging too Deep here can be Trouble.

Setting up an LLC Will be nothing but MORE Trouble because you’ll STILL Need Another AZ Account which may be hard to Get…

But Consult with a Tax Person on Tax Issues…

user profile
Seller_tGfMnoKCaqTnA

OP reads like one of the shotty sellers who buys established accounts, and reeks havoc.

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post