Suspension .com - help!

Hi

I’m a UK based seller - having been selling on Amazon worldwide for over 12 years. Recently got suspended from .com and I have sent my second appeal. Still not enough info! There must be something I’m missing - can anyone help. I would really appreciate any input.

Dear Charlotte Milne/Toys2uUSA

We received your submission but do not have enough information to reactivate your account at this time. To reactivate your account, please send the following:

– Greater detail on the actions you have taken to resolve buyers not receiving orders or late receipt of orders.
– Greater detail on the steps you have taken to prevent buyers not receiving orders or late receipt of orders going forward.

Here is my second appeal…

Dear Amazon Seller Performance Team

Thank you for the opportunity to provide extra detail regards appealing my Seller Account’s suspension due to its Order Defect Rate Exceeding the 1% target.

Greater detail on the root cause(s) of buyers not receiving orders or late receipt of orders.

What happened:

I received several customer complaints in the form of A-Z claims and negative feedbacks complaining about non-receipt of products arriving and poor customer service which consisted of not responding to customers or responding late out of Amazon’s 24hr timeframe. This was caused by unexpectedly high order volumes, for which I was not properly prepared. Also, it was caused by my failure to use a fast and reliable shipping carrier (which could handle increased seasonal volumes) and non-tracking of items. A fast, tracked and reliable safe shipping carrier would have prevented late receipt and non-receipt of items. I also failed to add customs codes to shipments which could reduce delays in customs checks. I failed to check shipping addresses as some were incorrect, outdated or incomplete within orders arriving in Seller Central. Some did not have a house number/name/ apartment, building, floor or unit number. Only a city, country and post/zip code. These are the root causes for late, missing items and poor customer service.

Greater detail on the actions you have taken to resolve buyers not receiving orders or late receipt of orders.

What I have done to resolve negative issues:

Customer messages received were answered on time within the Amazon 24hr window by myself. I made constant checks twice daily in Seller Central to ensure no messages were missed at 10am and 6pm . All remaining and pending orders were shipped immediately within the exact Amazon shipping dates specified in each order details, in the correct quantities and exactly as described in the listings. Order lists were collated daily at 2pm for order shipping collection at 5pm daily. Shipping addresses were checked to ensure they were correct. If incomplete or incorrect I contacted customers to ensure that the correct details were added to their Amazon Account to ensure each shipment arrived at the correct location. Subsequently labels printed out were checked to ensure they matched the correct shipping address, return address and tracking number were legible, prior to attaching to parcels. Order lists were checked twice daily to ensure orders were processed on time and correctly. Orders were packed and labelled correctly and effectively for collection at 5pm . Tracking numbers and carrier details were sent electronically to each customer on confirmation of shipment within Seller Central after each was checked online to guarantee they were valid. I used a new Priority Airmail Service via Royal Mail with customs information to reduce custom checks queues and detailed location tracking. Throughout transit of each shipment I checked daily on Royal Mail Track and Trace and country USPS Track and Trace to check for safe delivery/attempted delivery. For attempted or no delivery of items I contacted either Royal Mail or country specific postal services (usually USPS) to arrange rescheduled times that was convenient to the customer or confirm the date that the item would be delivered. I relayed this information to the customer. I have researched all available shipping carriers in my country (the UK) to evaluate which ones offer the safest and fastest delivery service to the USA to prevent late receipt and non-receipt complaints. All orders are being sent by an International Priority Airmail with customs codes and tracking included which is a fast and safe tracked and signed for service by Royal Mail. I have monitored their performance for each shipment sent out.

I have read and reread all Amazon’s policies and help pages including minimum performance standards to ensure I do not violate them again.

Greater detail on the steps you have taken to prevent buyers not receiving orders or late receipt of orders going forward.

What will I do to prevent this from happening again:

From now on, I will send out all orders on time and confirm as shipped within the Expected Ship Date as advised within Seller Central. I will make daily checks on Seller Central to ensure this is actioned and check that shipping addresses are correct, contacting customers if they are not and obtaining the correct details, ensuring customers amend details within their account. Also, I will check shipping labels are printed legible with the correct shipping address. Shipping confirmation will be sent within the shipping dates stated within Seller Central and the ship date, carrier and tracking information will be sent to the customer as soon as the item has been shipped. I will use the International Priority Airmail Royal Mail Tracked Service which is fast, safe and reliable shipping carrier (which includes tracking and signature proof of delivery and customs codes to reduce customs delays) . This will ensure late receipt and non-receipt complaints do not occur. I will communicate with customer via Amazon messages as to parcel location in the transit trail on a daily basis.

As soon as my Seller Account gets reactivated I will increase my Handling Time to reflect any additional time (reviewing at peak seasonal times such as Easter and Christmas) I need to process orders and covers any unexpected delays. This will ensure that customers will have realistic delivery expectations. If I am for any reason not able to fulfil orders my entire account will be set on Holiday Settings. I will regularly review my performance metrics (daily) on Seller Central to verify that I am within Amazon’s targets. And address any issues with customers immediately should they flag up. Always aiming to have 100% Account Health. All customer messages will be answered on time. All orders shipped and confirmed as dispatched on time . I will make twice daily checks for customer messages and respond on checking immediately.

Greater detail on evidence or examples that demonstrate that your account has complied with our policy

Processed and packed orders within Amazon timeframes

Maintain customer centred philosophy. Aim to ensure customer 100% happy and the order defect rate is zero

Contact customer politely and promptly to ensure a smooth good buying experience

Items are sent out and confirmed within Amazon expected shipping dates

I send items out via the fastest and safest carrier possible to ensure items arrive on time

Check Account Health Daily. Contacting Amazon/Customers should issues arise. Referring to help or policy pages or seller support.

I ensure orders have valid shipping addresses, tracking and customs details to ensure that items do not go a stray

I ensure inventory levels are correct so cancellation rates are zero

I work with the buyer quickly via Amazon messaging to resolve any issues

List products correctly and accurately so they exactly match those on Amazon

Check that products are legal and comply with all Amazon Selling Policies

I believe that my Plan of Action sufficiently addresses issues described in the suspension notice and I am looking forward to continue selling on Amazon.com ASAP.

I was suspended for Order Defect Rate Exceeding the 1% target.

This happened because I was not prepared for a high order volume and I did not answer customer messages or AtoZ claims in a timely manner. Also, some orders shipped or arrived late.

To resolve these issues, I refunded / sent replacements etc to all affected customers.

To ensure these issues do not happen again, I have increased the handling time on all items, switched to a faster and more efficient carrier, and implemented procedures to ensure that all messages and orders are addressed in a more efficient and timely fashion. I have also reviewed all relevant Amazon policies on shipping and AtoZ claims to ensure that I am aware of all policies and requirements that I am responsible for on Amazon.

You can edit this to better reflect the actions you have taken, but this is a general outline for a successful suspension appeal. Keep in mind that the people reading these have to read hundreds of them per day and that English may not be their first language. Keep it short, simple, to the point, and try to make it as easy as possible for the person reading it to find the things they need to see.

Good luck.

Oh my, please get rid of all the boldfacing that is just going to get your appeal rejected immediately.

This is a sample layout. Use Bullet points with accurate and concise comments.

1. Problem:
    What problem, did Amazon state existed to cause the notice?
    (i.e.: Used sold as New …)
    Greater detail on the root cause(s) that led to the complaints about the condition of your items.

2. What have you already done to correct the problem:
    What did you do to correct the Problem(s), that caused the notice? (i.e.: BRIEFLY explain…)
    Greater detail on the actions you have taken to resolve the complaints about the condition of your items.

• A - Sourcing
  • B - Listing
  • C - Packaging
  • D - Shipping
  1. How do you plan to avoid the same problem from happening again in the future:
    What business remedies, will be put in place, to avoid future problems, with your account?
    This you need to figure out -
    Greater detail on the steps you have taken to prevent future complaints about the condition of your items.
  • A - Sourcing
  • B - Listing
  • C - Packaging
  • D - Shipping
  1. Make a brief closing statement:
    The key word here, is “brief”. No personal excuses.

Regards,

Your name
Your Amazon Seller Name
Your telephone number

Thank you so much!

Maybe this doesn’t apply because you’re in the UK but the announcement doesn’t state that it’s US only.

Hello @Toys2u,

Katie with Amazon here.

I understand you need some assistance with your appeal regarding order defect rate driven by customers not receiving their items and/or receiving their items delayed.

Let’s take a look at your plan of action.

It seems that you issue was with your carrier, I recommend you to give more details about that. Waht carrier did you use, provide their name. Based on the carrier issue what was the result of it? Did customer not receive their items at all or did they receive their items delayed?

Based on the issue with your carrier, what did you do to fix that? Did you upgrade your shipping service? Did you change carriers? If so, specify which one you are using.

What are you changing your handling time to? Make sure you are giving specifics, such as: "I will increase my handling time from “X” to “Y” days.

How are you going to ensure? If you carrier has failed and you have not changed, how can you ensure they will not fail again?

This portion needs to tell us what type of improvements were done in your processes that will ensure customers are receiving their items within the maximum delivery time frame.

Let us know if you have any further questions. The community and I are here to assist.

Keep us posted!
Katie

All I posted this several hrs ago from various advice - but still got rejected - wanting greater detail. I am running out of ideas!!

Dear Amazon Seller Performance Team
• Thank you for the opportunity to provide extra detail regards appealing my Seller Account’s suspension due to its Order Defect Rate Exceeding the 1% target.

Problems

I received several customer complaints in the form of A-Z claims and negative feedbacks complaining about non-receipt of products or late arrival and poor customer service
This happened because I was not prepared for a high order volume and I did not answer customer messages or AtoZ claims in a timely manner and I used a non-tracked Royal Mail delivery service.
• What have you already done to correct the problem:

• Refunded/sent replacements to all affected customers
• Checked/answered all customer messages within 24hrs. Provided max help/information
• Checked shipping addresses. Contacted customers if incorrect/outdated/incomplete to provide correct address to ensure parcels are delivered to correct location
• Checked printed labels matched correct address/were legible
• Checked printed labels contained return address/tracking number
• Added customs details to labels to reduce time delays in customs check queues
• Collated order lists at 2pm. Efficiently/effectively packed orders for collection at 5pm daily
• Checked online that tracking numbers were valid
• Sent shipping date, tracking numbers and carrier to each customer on shipping confirmation
• Used a new Royal Mail Priority Airmail Service which included tracking/customs data to be included
• Checked locations of each shipment daily via Track and Trace websites. For example Royal Mail and USPS
• Contacted Royal Mail or USPS to rearrange re-delivery if customer was not in
• Communicated with customers at all stages of shipping. For example: date shipped, date reached USA/other, any attempts of delivery occurred or confirmation of the delivery date
• Researched shipping carriers in UK/USA to ensure safest/fastest/most reliable used to eliminate late and non-receipt complaints
• Monitored shipment speeds and delivery service for each shipment via Royal Mail and USPS

• How do you plan to avoid the same problem from happening again in the future:

• Collate order lists daily at 2pm for collection at 5pm
• Check shipping addresses carefully. Contact customers if incomplete/incorrect or outdated to ensure I have the correct address.
• Advise customer to amend their shipping address if necessary via their Amazon Buyer Account to ensure sellers have the correct details
• Check tracking numbers are valid via Trace and Trace. Create new ones if not.
• Check shipping labels are accurate regards tracking numbers, shipping address, customs codes and return address prior shipping
• Sent out orders within the Amazon shipping date window for each order
• Send out shipping date, tracking number and carrier for each order on confirmation of shipment
• Send out orders via Royal Mail Priority Airmail Service which incorporates tracking and customs details to reduce customs checks delays
• Monitor shipments daily via Royal Mail and USPS Track and Trace Websites regards speed and delivery service
• Should speed and delivery service change swap to a backup carrier
• Increase handling time if necessary required
• Communicate with carriers and customers should re-delivery be needed
• Answer all customer messages within 24hrs correctly and politely providing max help/information as possible
• Action all feedback or customer requests asap
• Review account health daily. Taking any action asap if needed to ensure account is within Amazon targets
• Reread Amazon policies
• Ensure to read new or amended Amazon policies
• Abide by all Amazon policies

Aim: ensure 100% customer service and 100% health of Seller Central Account
Regards,
Charlotte Milne
Toys2u

Hello @Toys2u,

Cassie with Amazon here to follow up on your revised plan of action.

Have you considered discontinuing Royal Mail service? If not, are you confident that they will be able to to deliver your orders on time? Have you considered working solely with another carrier?

As @Katie_Amazon_old mentioned, we advise against using vague language in your plan. If you mention changing your handling time or carrier, you need to be very specific about those changes.

I hope that you find this feedback helpful. Thank you for sharing your updates.

-Cassie

Thank you for everyone’s help. Its very much appreciated. Do you think it would be wise to state I’m changing to carrier X then. I will have to research what is out there and classed as the most reliable. I don’t seem to be getting anywhere with retaining Royal Mail and changing service.

This reminded me that I did this when I was deactivated from .mx several years ago and got reinstated.

closed #11

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.