user profile
Sign in
user profile

Suppressed unit count amazon

by Seller_SPFBkhbNirTeJ

Good morning to everybody.

Amazon.com has made mandatory the use of “unit count” and “unit count type” in articles to get the price per unit (ounce, fluid ounce, etc).

We have several articles at risk saying that this attribute is missing, if it is not entered or updated, the article will be deleted on that date.

Okay, I’ve put the attribute in every possible way over and over again:

Partial update.
Complete update.
I have deleted the SKU and I have waited 24 hours to re-register it in my Amazon area.

Everything remains the same, I have opened more than 10 cases to the Seller Service.

Every time they say the same thing: They can’t update it, let me do it:

Updating partially.
Updating completely.
Deleting the article and re-creating it after 24 hours.

On other occasions they tell me that the attribute has already been provided (unit count and unit count type) but it is not, it is still at risk as I have told them over and over again and on the indicated day it is deleted and the deletion cannot be removed , if changing it 100 times, neither with files to edit deleted nor with anything.

I have seen that it is a general problem.

I cannot be opening 10 cases for each article and receive generic answers.

We need Amazon to be more agile, if it is your computer problem that is solved.

Give other possible explanations for the failure

Why it happens?

What does it take into account? Product photo? What do you put in the title?

Should the Parent be given Unit count? Can it be a problem with the variance?

I have also tried to pull the Child out of the Parent and it is still impossible to update Unit Count.

If you open a case in “brands” they tell you that they cannot update it.

Other times they have changed parameters for me when their system crashes and does not accept my changes.

However, that same ASIN is in the Canadian market and the attribute is changed without problems.

Let’s see if someone can help me. Thank you

Tags: Registration
193 replies
193 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_N9RaJ8qc3Qq5R
In reply to: Seller_SPFBkhbNirTeJ's post

My product is suspended since the 11th of this month for the same reason. I tried everything as you wrote up. It looks it is a bug in their system and doesn’t want to say it.

user profile
Seller_sUfyk7ajzPzny

This would seem to imply that Seller Support’s Help Desk information is not showing you as the “Winning Contributor” - i.e., enjoying DPC (‘Amazonese’ for “Detail Page Control”) for the given Amazon Catalog ASIN in question.

Amazon’s automated mechanisms leave much to be desired, sadly.

user profile
Seller_SPFBkhbNirTeJ

Good afternoon.

I update.

I have opened more than 20 cases in amazon and they continue with answers that do not help: “delete the article, wait 24 hours and recreate it”, “that as I am the owner of the brand I modify it myself”.

But what do you think I’m doing?

We need Amazon to be more agile, this error happens in America, it is not reported in Europe (I also sell the same material there as in the United States).

I have told Amazon that there are more sellers affected. I’m tired of automatic responses, they don’t value the time they waste us with tests that are useless.

When it is a problem with your internal system / automation

It has lost quality in its service of attention to the seller.

user profile
Seller_SPFBkhbNirTeJ

Good afternoon.

I’m still running checks. It seems that there is an Amazon Bot that takes the data of “title, for example if we have indicated the size or capacity in title” it takes the “size” field and adjusts it automatically, and if it does not match it, it is deleted.

Although this should not be the case because for example:

I have 1 product that is a kit of 10 containers of 15 ml each, it would be 150 ml that is 5.07 fluid ounces, because the Amazon system has put me only without doing anything 5.01 fluid ounces which according to the calculators Online milliliter to fluid ounce conversion would be wrong.

We will wait to see if someone else can help us.

user profile
Seller_1yqCSp7wxEUMi

Mine is the description. Says it needs a description even though its there. I delete it, change it up a bit , re-enter, same problem. A few have gotten the deadly never ending 5461 error. One I fixed the 5461 error on and I got the ok to list…10 days ago! Had to re-open case and now crickets.

user profile
Seller_888j3cKQyAon3

please fix this glitch for the love of god. I have deleted and relisted my suppressed products unlimited times and nothing ever changes. These are some of my top fast moving items so thanks to this issue we are definitely losing out on sales. SOS AMAZON SOS

user profile
Seller_d0Syvwpx5RkTV

Same issue here. Any updates?

user profile
Seller_lYLz1roOGTQRE

Try duplicating the listing and editing the copy. It worked for another seller a couple of weeks ago.

user profile
Seller_44Sp5gQ2UBRhQ

I am having the same issue on the Canadian marketplace. “Product description required but not supplied”. Any news on this issue ?

user profile
Seller_qlefCOaYk9Uh8

Having the same issue with Unit Count and Unit Count type! Multiple cases over 2 months and still not able to solve the issue.

They tell me to wait 24-48hrs and no luck.

@SEAmod any resolution yet?

Go to original post