user profile
Sign in
user profile

Strange post office delay?

by Seller_Xy9ljHlfga1Ih

I just received a very angry message from a customer because she hasn’t received her package yet.

I shipped it out the 23rd (the day she bought it). I checked tracking, USPS “received it” the 26th. Two days later (today), the package is marked as “Package didn’t go out for delivery”.

That’s a 5 day delay at the SAME distribution center. So the packages haven’t even moved.

Does anyone have any idea why this would be?

I figured I could call the post office and see if they had any answers for me. Customer needs the package by the 2nd of March, else it’s rendered useless.

Edit: More than 10 packages were stuck for 5+ days at the same distribution center before they moved. Orders were finally received by customers after 10 days, for first class packages. I had to send out several refunds because I sell time sensitive products (needed by specific party dates). REALLY stinks. Of course my metrics also took a hit.

Tags: INR (item not received), USPS
80 replies
80 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_qTZNijIkDAti0
In reply to: Seller_Xy9ljHlfga1Ih's post

I have had this happen to several packages recently. I think USPS is working on their system or something, everytime they do it’s a mess. You’re not alone though, I’ve had at least 7 this month and that is unusual for us.

user profile
Seller_8uBcxcvFGwpQr

I mailed about 40 packages on Sat. the 24th I live and ship from WI. When I ship items on Sat. 80-90% are delivered by Monday, and Tuesday at the latest. Last Thursday our Post Office started doing a manual count of every mail piece. I was told by my Post Master that this has to do with the carriers pay. On Monday I noticed that almost every package I shipped on Sat. had the pick-up scan and that was it. I checked the packages later that day and some said they where received at our sorting facility, and then they finally showed they left later that night of 26th. I was not happy so I asked my post office about this and he said it was the whole state that was counting. Since this delay and slow processing I checked them for the next couple of days, and I had about 3-4 say that same thing yours did. I also have about 3 that say Out for Delivery but haven’t changed to delivered. I’m wondering if this is a nationwide count or just my state and if this may be the probelm. You can bet it isn’t affecting Amazon’s delivery window, but this has caused a few of mine to be delayed.

user profile
Seller_bOrqqNXdSMJbs

Not sure if this helps, but here is a link to all of USPS service alerts. Once you click the link it’s organized by Business “Service disruption alerts” and Residential “Service disruption alerts” then it’s organized by state. I would recommend checking both categories.

https://about.usps.com/news/service-alerts/welcome.htm

user profile
Seller_zyG3AlejdFqKL

in this week Feb 10, 2018 to Feb 16, 2018 from amazon report
I had 10 items of late delivery - some item took 21 days to reach at destination as one customer’s complaint
i don’t know what happened to USPS - many USPS employees took their vacation due to holiday or Chinese new Year ?? this leads to delay shipping package ???

user profile
Seller_3hIRLZLVYjQcO

Call the PO & ask about the package.

All we could do is guess about what’s causing the delay.

user profile
Seller_YWmqwzH186MRM

I received almost an identical threat today out of nowhere. This must be a new sort of scam. The package was on time then suddenly at 6:00 AM this morning, the tracking number says “Package didn’t go out for delivery.” Could the buyer be responsible for this delay? Could they have purposely delayed it to win an A to Z and get a free item?

user profile
Seller_IqoeJpRgKV9Qm

There is definitely some type of problem with USPS tracking updates. Not seeing anything on the USPS service disruption website. Spoke to the local post office and they provided me with a number to call. All packages shipped Tuesday 2/27 took a day (2/28) to show as “Package arrived at a carrier facility”. I usually ship everything same day. Now everything I shipped yesterday (2/28) still show as “Package has left seller facility and is in transit to carrier” as of today (3/1). Seems as if everything is running a day - 2 behind. Incoming damage control - Angry customers, metric hits. Anyone else with this issue? I ship from the Dallas area.

user profile
Seller_omv6c0xfPQXWg

I have had the same problem with several packages … as Little Mama said USPS must be reworking something in the system… It will pass…

user profile
Seller_IqoeJpRgKV9Qm

I am in the Arlington area so my packages get routed through the Ft. Worth regional facility. Confetti and Mle - yes they are sitting there longer than usual. I am experiencing the same exact issues. I do not see anything on the USPS website even about the “mail count” someone mentioned.

I have next day shipping but usually ship everything out the same day, but I know I will face some kind of consequence smh. I am sure we are not the only ones. This is an anomaly been selling for years as well. I will be calling the Ft Worth facility tomorrow.

Keep us updated!

user profile
Seller_Q82xwTPpR2vtg

Useless? It’s been 5 biz days total in transit. You could have shipped it on the 26th(2 days). You are within the agreed upon time frame even for expedited. I think tracking is driving some people crazy.

Go to original post