user profile
Sign in
user profile

Stranded Inventory at New FBA Warehouse

by Seller_ToIjZfakRFz6a

I am beyond frustrated! Last month Amazon started making me send items to their new Amazon warehouse in Greenfield Indiana. I sent 3 boxes full of items by USPS. When I checked tracking it kept showing that they could not be delivered. I called Amazon and was told that USPS had to have an appointment to deliver to that warehouse. I never had a problem with any other warehouse and sent USPS all the time since they pick up the shipments from my home for free. After weeks of nothing happening I called the local post office in Greenfield and they were able to locate the packages and send them back to me. Immediately I created a new order with all these packages I had gotten back and used UPS since they are the shipping partner of Amazon. The shipment shows it was delivered to Amazon but all of the items I sent are now showing up as STRANDED INVENTORY. The stranded reason is showing INVENTORY ERROR. It shows the correct amount of what I sent to Amazon in the stranded inventory so it is not because the wrong amount was sent. When I click to correct the problem the only options I get are CREATE REMOVAL ORDER or REFRESH STRANDED REASON. So it does not give my any real option to make sure these items become active listings. I called AMAZON again and explained the problem and was told it was because they are still processing them and that it could take 10 days. I never had this happen with any other shipment to Amazon… in fact never had anything show up as stranded like this. Has anyone else had this happen to them? It is wrong to force us to use a new warehouse that clearly is not prepared for taking care of our shipments yet. The holiday season is not the time to do this to sellers. I just pray that eventually the items get put as active or I will just have to have them sent back. After paying for shipping twice already to get them there I hate to have to pay to have them sent back because of Amazon not being prepared or efficient. Any help is appreciated.

Tags: Shipping, UPS, USPS, Warehouse
8 replies
8 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_nRFmxiQg4EGrw
In reply to: Seller_ToIjZfakRFz6a's post

As for the “Stranded”, this is typical of in-transit shipments (at least with media) if you have not opted-out of the new program to make listings available before the item arrives (can’t remember the name; search the forums for other threads about stranded while in transit).
For the current shipment, don’t try to do anything!!! The items will come off of “Stranded” once they are checked in. Anything you do in the meantime (such as creating a removal order) will only cause potential problems. If you turn off the “service” that automatically went into effect a few months ago, you’ll no longer see the problem.

As for shipping via USPS, I’ve never heard anyone state that they were able to do this; actually, plenty of people have said they used USPS, and ran into the same issue of Amazon not receiving it. It’s recommended that you use only Amazon partnered carriers.

Oh, and every FC is experiencing delays these days; new or old. Nothing we can do about it.

user profile
Seller_AKFEePkCPtw6T

We Canadians deal with the issues with new FCs on a regular basis since the FBA program is relatively “new” up here. When shipping to a new FC, breathe. You need to just chill until everything resolves itself, as it inevitably will. I know its frustrating seeing your inventory not follow the typical path you are used to but it will all work out in the end. Just breathe.

Cancel any removal orders you have placed for that inventory as you will simply compound the issues you need to resolve.

user profile
Seller_g1tFQ9ZxtruUX

Having the exact same issues in Greenfield. Exasperated! Furious! I have been dealing with this since Oct 23 and now I have over 80 ASINs stranded totally 1000s of products many of them are seasonal and timing couldn’t be worse. They’ve said I am in the que to get my case worked on but the back log is so great it’s been almost 3 weeks. I hope you are not offended but I take a little comfort in the fact that this is happening to more sellers. I was beginning to lose my mind thinking I did something wrong.
Just today I un-enrolled in the instock alert program. I have a shipment on the way so I’ll let you know if this helps with any new ASINs becoming stranded.
I also thought about paying for inventory placement. Have never done this before i know theres a fee to do it this way, but I wonder if it would be worth it for the Holiday season. Have either of you tried this tactic to get around the Greenfield FC?

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post