user profile
Sign in
user profile

Stop selling Apple

by Seller_hYlYFQuTmbx5j

The reason is
Apple plans to sell more of its products on Amazon.
{Content Removed}

Amazon is constantly working to enhance the customer experience, and one of the ways we do this is by increasing selection of the products we know customers want. As part of a new agreement with Apple, we are working with a select group of authorized resellers to offer an expanded selection of Apple and Beats products, including new releases, in Amazon’s stores.

You are receiving this message because you are currently selling, or have previously sold, Apple or Beats products. Your existing offers for those products will soon be removed from Amazon’s online store in the United States. Please contact Apple if you would like to apply to become an authorized reseller on Amazon.

To prepare for this change, you may continue selling these products on Amazon through the holiday season until January 4, 2019. If you have any remaining inventory of these products in Amazon fulfillment centers on January 5, 2019, you will need to create a removal order. Amazon will reimburse you for the return or disposal fees through February 4, 2019. Please also note you will not be able to send shipments of these products to Amazon fulfillment centers effective December 1, 2018.

Tags: Fulfillment, Fulfillment center
207 replies
207 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_0byZZaYMJYm4u
In reply to: Seller_hYlYFQuTmbx5j's post

Is this for new only or will it affect preowned?

user profile
Seller_nkBcHPWfscgWg

Yeah.

user profile
Seller_k1pgeJ70PUMRu

Received this email in 2016, so we can hope it does not affect used listings…

Email from 2016:

Dear Seller,

Please read this email carefully. The listing information described below may affect your ability to sell certain products on Amazon.com.

As part of our ongoing efforts to provide the best possible customer experience, we are implementing listing restrictions for the ASINs listed at the end of this email.

What does this mean for me?

Effective on 6/2/16, you will need to be identified by the manufacturer as an authorized Internet reseller to sell the affected products listed at the end of this email. If you are not listed as an authorized Internet reseller prior to 6/2/16, your listings for these products will be removed.

Why am I receiving this message?

You are receiving this message because you have sold affected products in the past. There is no penalty associated with this action.

How do I seek approval to sell the affected products?

If you are not authorized, but would like to obtain authorization, please contact the manufacturer.

Thank you for selling on Amazon.com.

Seller Performance Team

user profile
Seller_K59zi3POr7Ikn

The message does not say anything about new or used or refurnished products… hopefully, its for resellers of new products only… otherwise we are doomed…

user profile
Seller_tGfMnoKCaqTnA

A sad day indeed. Bye bye 2019 50k.

user profile
Seller_bWU6w5XvXmIfs

Apple is a top brand and I would expect the sellers offering their products on Amazon to be authorised resellers. I don’t see anything wrong with it.

user profile
Seller_4yOnerLDrCIWs

Got the email less than two hours ago. I’ve been anticipating this for the last few years once I found out I had been grandfathered in on selling Apple, so even though this is a bummer, I’ve prepared for this by hedging my bets by using other platforms.

I started selling used Apple products on Amazon in 2015. I’ve built it up to $80,000-$100,000 in sales per month on the Amazon platform. I don’t sell anything besides Apple products on Amazon so this will be the end of my time here, though the other marketplaces I sell on will appreciate the increase in sales due to this revised agreement between Amazon and Apple.

I’ve enjoyed riding this wave as hard as I could, and have to say that Amazon has been a good business partner in the process.

user profile
SEAmod

Hello Sellers,

I just closed the other 2 threads that were started on this topic today. I want to try and keep the discussion on one thread so I can try and answer as many of your questions as possible.

Susan

user profile
Seller_hYlYFQuTmbx5j

It’s time to say goodbye,Apple.

user profile
Seller_hYlYFQuTmbx5j

It’s sad that holiday season return policy is 3 months.
When Apple returned to you and you find you can’t sell it again.

Go to original post