Stop selling Apple

I have never been able to get reimbursed in such instances but you could be luckier than I am. :blush:

Barnes Corp used to sell Apple products but their practices have gone downhill over the last 3 years. We actually stopped doing business with Apple. Other brands are ones that we are expanding growth with. So apple is not part of our business model anymore.

Will this affect apple replacement parts?

Youtube search: Louis Rossman Apple & Customs stole my batteries

I’m guessing eBay is screaming with glee right about now. The thing people need to do is move these products to eBay and other marketplaces. The market isn’t going away. Yeah, selling on eBay won’t be as easy or as quick as Amazon, but people will quickly stop using Amazon to purchase these skus as the offerings dry up, and the price goes way up.

With the way Amazon has been kicking sellers off left and right, especially sellers who sell Apple products, I’d be glad the market is getting wiped out here, if I were you. This is certain to make Amazon much less competitive in a pretty huge market.

We contacted amazon seller support on whether older discontinued apple products are impacted by this policy change and unfortunately they said yes… And also all conditions are affected, new - used - refurbished. Only the RENEWED program participants are not impacted but you have to proivde proof of $2.5M of Apple purchases every 90 days or $10M a year and so unless you are a big player you wont be able to qualify for the RENEWED program…

"

Dear Seller,

This is Craig, the associate working with you on this case. I want to thank you for contacting us with your concerns in regards to discounted APPLE products affected by this. Thank you for replying back to this case to clarify another question.

All products under the brand Apple will be affected by this, including products that are no longer manufactured or even sold by Apple store. This is due to the agreement made between Amazon and Apple. Only products that Renewed Sellers are offering as part of the Amazon Renewed program are not impacted by this change. For more information on Amazon Renewed:

Amazon Renewed
https://sellercentral.amazon.com/gp/help/help.html/?itemID=G201648580&ref_=xx_G201648580_a_r0_cont_sgsearch&referral=A3OOXYLKJ7RLCX_A3PV3C4UKJH8TT&referral=A3OOXYLKJ7RLCX_AG65FOSHOA0BP

I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you or your business.

Greetings from Amazon Seller Support,

My name is Lindsey, an associate from the Catalog team. I see that you are asking if you may sell these items in another condition.

In response to your concerns, as part of our Agreement with Apple a decision has been made that sellers may continue to Offer these listings thru January 4th. You may not list an item in another condition other than its actual state as that would be against our Detail page policy’s and guidelines. After December 1st sellers will no longer be able to send inventory to fulfillment centers regarding these listings, and the impacted offers will be removed from Amazon January 4th.

To clarify, yes this applies to all conditions, all impacted offers regarding Apple or Beats products will be affected no matter what the condition is. Only products that Renewed Sellers are offering as part of the Amazon Renewed program are not impacted by this change. For more information on Amazon Renewed:

Amazon Renewed
https://sellercentral.amazon.com/gp/help/help.html/?itemID=G201648580&ref_=xx_G201648580_a_r0_cont_sgsearch&referral=A3OOXYLKJ7RLCX_A3PV3C4UKJH8TT

Well be thankful they issued an advanced notice and are allowing people to sell through Christmas. Much better than that debacle a few years ago with the NFL/NBA/MLB thing where everyone got blindsided.

You have the receipt when purchased at retail?

That is the only method to have it removed.

Does anyone know if any other website that sell used iphones beside of ebay?

Tried in the past. They don’t even take applications

that’s exactly right, Amazon hasn’t been friendly for pas year or so… i hope another good marketplace starts beside of ebay… do you know of any?

think this through a minute. So presume a 25% drop in margins for resellers. The ripple affect will be felt by everyone who sells used or broken devices from the one by one seller to the huge liquidators, and the huge chain stores who unload these broken products at auction. Prices for parts will go down. Thus prices for the cost of good sold will drop. Demand will stay even. No change. Yes more people selling on eBay, but who cares. The weak from Amazon will leave the business, so competition will be less fierce.

Not trying to cheer lead, but my initial response of panic first thing this morning, has changed to calm.

Our parts don’t have apple logo on it.

Watch a couple of other videos from him. You’ll start to understand the gist.
Apple does not want anyone but Apple to sell anything Apple related.
Or unless you pay into their program. And even then, they limit the abilities.

They would rather tell someone an exuberant, ridiculous price to fix an item.
And inform them it’s in their best interest to buy a new device altogether.
When fixing it outside of the Apple store would realistically cost very little in comparison to the cost of a new device.

Actually Apple has changed that up recently for the better. They are even now allowing authorized repair centers the ability to replace screens. They are not as cheap as the third party shops using knock off screens but your warranty stays in place and you get a full device 90 day warranty after repair. And some of the knock off parts are pure junk.

Hi, will this effect discontinued products that Apple no longer produces anymore? If Apple is no longer making the product I don’t see why us sellers should be barred from selling those used items if we are not in direct competition with Apple.?

Anyone looking to hire a highly successful third party seller of Apple products (96% rating) the last 3-4 years who knows everything inside and out about Apple products as well as how to manage and run a storefront on Amazon and knows all of their policies? LOL! I knew it would happen eventually, just didn’t want it to happen so soon. So many good older Apple devices are in their prime right now.

Reading the thread would’ve gotten you your answer.

We contacted amazon seller support on whether older discontinued apple products are impacted by this policy change and unfortunately they said yes… And also all conditions are affected, new - used - refurbished. Only the RENEWED program participants are not impacted but you have to proivde proof of $2.5M of Apple purchases every 90 days or $10M a year and so unless you are a big player you wont be able to qualify for the RENEWED program…

"

Dear Seller,

This is Craig, the associate working with you on this case. I want to thank you for contacting us with your concerns in regards to discounted APPLE products affected by this. Thank you for replying back to this case to clarify another question.

All products under the brand Apple will be affected by this, including products that are no longer manufactured or even sold by Apple store. This is due to the agreement made between Amazon and Apple. Only products that Renewed Sellers are offering as part of the Amazon Renewed program are not impacted by this change. For more information on Amazon Renewed:

Post #106

I know. We’ve tried too.

The reason is
Apple plans to sell more of its products on Amazon.