Start selling in India to reach millions of customers

Now you can expand your business by launching to India and making your products available to millions of people. To start selling in India:

• Check your eligibility to sell in India and set up your account in Seller Central
  • Cross list your existing selection
  • Self-ship the orders through the seller fulfilled model

There is no monthly subscription fee for selling in India.

See if you are eligible to sell in India.

I am not eligible to sell in India, what is the required performance metrics to be able to sell in india?

[quote=“Bellerive_Co_NewYork, post:2, topic:670825, full:true”]
I am not eligible to sell in India, what is the required performance metrics to be able to sell in india?
[/quote]Good question. My metrics are perfect across the board. 5+ years selling on Amazon. My business has existed since 1976 and it says I’m not eligible.

ZERO ODR ALL orders shipped and delivered on time. I am not eligible. That is strange. What are your requirements. Oh yes 10 years full time seller on Amazon.

I am allowed to sell in Canada and Mexico…Is India special?

Your requirements say
2. Why am I seeing this page?

You are seeing this page because:

You are currently not eligible to start selling in India.

We only allow sellers who meet below criteria to sell in India:

• Account performance: We have a high bar on performance metrics. Seller whose performance is within Amazon defined thresholds are eligible to launch. For more details on performance metrics, visit account health dashboard under performance section.
  • Seller must have sales history of selling on Amazon

In case you do not meet these criteria and are still interested in selling on India, please fill out this form.

Bellerive_Co_NewYork…

India is still in shambles, they’re cities are not back to normal, the carriers are having a hard time even unloading at the Port, since all the Jitney delivery guys went back to their home villages to shelter in place…

There is significant congestion in most of the Indian ports…

All the international carriers, are having issues with delivering packages overseas, and Amazon is quite touchy, you could end up losing a lot of inventory because you didn’t meet their arrive in time dates …

After paying for expensive shipping options…

Culturally India just operates at a much slower pace, so there’s never a sense of urgency about most day-to-day tasks… if you are type A this would drive you crazy…

Mexico is a black hole, most of South America is a black hole, I’m wondering if India also is a black hole…

Amazon is making all kinds of new pushes opening businesses and opportunities there…

However, this is not something I would ever pursue…

Neither would I, but it is interesting for them to say I didn’t qualify. I would like to know what they want. Actually they do not for us to sell in India…what would all the dropshippers do??

cosmeticseller

Clickbait, however if you throw enough things out there eventually it’s going to hit the wall, fall off into some unsuspecting Persons --hands, pretty soon they’ve expanded into India – they don’t even speak the language …

That makes me curious is the website in English, or is it any one of the 15 different dialects spoken in India…

It’s probably not aimed at us there are a lot of people from India, & close countries, they’re using Amazon FBA Warehouse, it would probably be a natural expansion to move into their home country…

I don’t know if Amazon is warehousing & delivering,…

Of course how do you deliver to addresses that aren’t really addresses, in slum areas third Shack / tenement --7th floor with red laundry hanging out the window… near – hijacked power lines coming in…

Or is there a geographic requirement that they will only ship to certain areas, highly developed ones, with western-style accoutrements…

I find it hilarious…

Same here. I was just curious to see if I was eligible. My product line would be a flop in India.

Another disaster place to sell unless you have correct product for the population. Many fraud buyers or abusers. Fun fun …

Might as well ask us to start selling to china…

I only like to be scammed by USA based customers, thank you very much.

In-Plain-Sight…

You’ll just have to think out-of-the-box, now in Bakersfield they might buy something like leather chaps, leather streamers, for their Vespas… …

They all ride VESPA or the equivalent, in fact Vespa has a huge push going on a new product line --specifically designed for India… I think it’s modeled after the Apes… for the small streets, & the ability to make deliveries, sort of like people that drive golf carts here… either electric or gas…for local Togo food delivery. …

So if you came up something with more of a Bollywood flavor, maybe Brocade chaps, sparkly ribbony fringy things, for the end of the hand controls…

They have entire families that hang on to Vespa, and ride on them… Or the equivalent scooter… I wonder what that does to the belts because they’re all belt driven… I think all of the molds went to India, for The P 200 two Strokes , I think they were reinvented as Baja cheetahs…

They did make a good Improvement --they have disc brakes on the front now, probably got rid of that separate weird foot control, on the running board behind the fairings… might have even put an electronic start on…

It says that page cannot be found.

I hear you on the millions of vespas running around India. The thought of doing chaps…yuck! And the thought of regularly shipping to India and dealing with returns. Not worth it to me. I’ve done the volume thing in the past with other businesses. This business I like keeping small with a very specific customer base and the highest quality possible. In short, it’s kind of right where I want it to be at this point in my life. In a couple years I’m selling out to my business partner, liquidating my belongings and moving to my place on Greece to become a professional sunbather.

I have always sold international, on Amazon & elsewhere, and I generally don’t discriminate against non-European buyers, but I can’t think of a worse time to start selling to India.

I would like to sell in MOZAMBIQUE!

Yep. I sell worldwide on all other platforms. It is Amazon policy on international returns that makes me not sell international just on Amazon. That being said, about 5 years ago we put up an 8’ x 4’ map of the world and started putting pins in for our daily orders. Thousands of pins everywhere. Ton in Europe, ton on the Gold Coast in Australia. Maybe a hundred in China, Japan, Philippines. We have 1 pin in India and I remember that order because it took forever to arrive and the buyer was pestering the heck out of us.

When i click the link it says page not found?

same here.

I get Page Not Found from the link offered in the OP.

Are you saying we need to ship everyone our selves from our U.S stock to India? Sorry if im a bit confused