user profile
Sign in
user profile

Someone changed the title (and possibly more) of tons of Toy listings

by Seller_o1l1Ip71aQSm5

Someone must have used a flat file to change listing info for their inventory and ended up changing the titles (and who knows what else) to hundreds/thousands of Toy listings.

This has also resulted in Suspected IP claims being applied to your Account Health. Currently, I have a dozen new suspected claims with 50+ ASINs affected with new titles.

The titles I’ve seen items changed to include these 4 (maybe more):

• Mega Bloks First Builders Big Building Bag with Big Building Blocks, Building Toys for Toddlers (80 Pieces)

• Minecraft Mega Bloks First Builders Big Building Bag with Big Building Blocks, Building Toys for Toddlers (80 Pieces)

• WWE MATTEL Mega Bloks First Builders Big Building Bag with Big Building Blocks, Building Toys for Toddlers (80 Pieces)

• WWE Mega Bloks First Builders Big Building Bag with Big Building Blocks, Building Toys for Toddlers (80 Pieces)

I’m sure that there’s already been dozens of cases opened (I opened one) about this, hopefully it gets fixed quickly and our accounts do not get negatively affected by the actions of one idiot.

Tags: ASIN, Listings
126 replies
126 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_rFyxk4x2i2V6L
In reply to: Seller_o1l1Ip71aQSm5's post

I have had 235 products with names changed to “First Builders” names, mostly the first one you listed but also:
Hot Wheels Mega Bloks First Builders Big Building Bag with Big Building Blocks, Building Toys for Toddlers (80 Pieces)
Disney Cars Mega Bloks First Builders Big Building Bag with Big Building Blocks, Building Toys for Toddlers (80 Pieces)
Mattel Mega Bloks First Builders Big Building Bag with Big Building Blocks, Building Toys for Toddlers (80 Pieces)
Also the bullet points and descriptions were changed. AND, over 100 of them are now “Suspected Intellectual Property Violations” resulting in several Stranded Inventory. Somebody messed something up! I also opened a case.

user profile
Seller_TzY1mejxTPqrC

This got me too, 40 violations and counting, many listings just haven’t triggered the bot yet, so I’m sure it will be more than 40 soon. I hope my account isn’t suspended by morning. But since this has affected many listings Amazon is selling on too, hopefully they get this fixed quick.

user profile
Seller_MwCWEj52qYmsI

Yup. 58 listings nuked like this. Get the feeling tens of thousands in the catalog just got hit. Also as mentioned earlier so far nothing that isn’t Mattel.

5 suspected IP violations. I deleted 48 of the listings since they were OOS anyways, hoping that limits the damage.

user profile
Seller_32OszqbFIYPSi

same here… omg

does anyone have any orders from some buyer called “Barbie Brand” ?

user profile
Seller_UbFJDSSWmUKFI

Support closed my case stating that the brand controls the title. I re-opened it and said that this is a global issue and to escalate.

user profile
Seller_XUIA3DIEJQUQK

It looks like Someone sabotaged many rank toy listings and now I can not even tell what they were because the title is mega books which automatically dog pages the asin. So it could be monopoly but someone made sure the bots would shut these pages down.

user profile
Seller_JfLqV5hmXsx7D

We noticed this overnight as well, currently, 215 of our Mattel orders have been changed to Mega Bloks building toys, 81 have been flagged as Suspected Intellectual Property Violations. Has anyone received info from Amazon?

user profile
Seller_cu1Lr54OxusWw

I have 5 of them myself so far.

user profile
Seller_JfLqV5hmXsx7D

Correction to my last Post *215 items not orders.

user profile
Seller_32OszqbFIYPSi

its strange as when I search for “Mega Bloks First Builders Big Building Bag with Big Building Blocks, Building Toys for Toddlers (80 Pieces)” in the Amazon Search bar - none of my 33 listings that are affected show up here.

There are however 72 search results for “Mega Bloks First Builders Big Building Bag with Big Building Blocks, Building Toys for Toddlers (80 Pieces)” - including some none mega bloks items.

tip to help you - click on the title link in seller central and then change the search result from;

www.amazon.com/Mega-Bloks-Thom

(usa)

to

www.amazon.ca/Mega-Bloks-Thom…

(canada)

this might give you an idea of what your item is

Go to original post