user profile
Sign in
user profile

Slow sales

by Seller_glzbd259U27VS

Anybody else suffering a drop off in sales…i’m talking books if you sell other stuff i guess your not related…but i’ve listed over 200 books not really seeing any increase in sales…infact it’s been quite dead for me…i’m writing this on March 6th.

Tags: Listings
289 replies
289 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_cjBwb6X1O3EGl
In reply to: Seller_glzbd259U27VS's post

There is one hard and fast rule with Retail. Be it books, baby stuff or zebra toys.

And that is that sales will fluctuate. Most times for no discernible reason.

If your books are not textbooks, 200 seems a very small item count.

user profile
Seller_GfRE38VLNeuyj

Are you adding new inventory regularly?

user profile
Seller_ToPPYvOWlyp9j

We sell books;only used books—seems like forever-but actually 7 years. We’re having an excellent March-surprisingly since Feb went phhttt!! (Some recovery in the later month when folks no longer feared another gov. shut-down) .

A media vendor on this forum whose advice I hold in high regard once said an inventory of at least 12,000 items was required to make a steady income on this platform, selling books and associated media. As we approach that figure(for years we had 5000-8000 & made a living but there’s much more competition now), he may be correct…

user profile
Seller_HS5YLCPGKxkkH

It’s just the slow season. People are miserable in the cold cold winter months.

user profile
Seller_lYLz1roOGTQRE

You don’t say if this is your first attempt at selling books on Amazon or if sales have dropped off for you. Books are a very difficult area to sell in these days. There is so much competition, especially for popular titles. It sounds strange, but popular titles are almost impossible to sell on Amazon. Books are a long-tailed item - they sell slowly, and 200 books is a very small inventory.

user profile
Seller_TD8kClMwLYBMd

Are you the lowest price in all 200? Are they books ppl want? Do you have better feedback compared to your competitors?

user profile
Seller_cAUdEcoRKpC94

i am finding it so slow ,
does it get busier as we head to easther and mothers day

in america , which months do you find to be the better months

still learning, i find from october to december

need advice

user profile
Seller_Xpktjspu2oF5C

Several issues exist.

This site is HYPER-Saturated with sellers, this means your piece of the pie is shrinking by the minute.

Amazon is selling the exact same item and their inventory is high so they need to push all the other sellers out of the picture until they get a grip on the excess inventory.

Your products might be listed on other online sites or even in brick and mortar for LESS MONEY.

I suspect you are selling products that are way over priced relative to others outside of the amazon bubble.

user profile
Seller_awYU0oH8skccg

I Sell 8 books per month…on 2500 listed…

Actually getting a sale is NOW somewhat of a Shock…

Curiously its NOT Always Competition…

Its that the “Less Popular” Books~ie “Long Tails” are almost impossible for a buyer~without great search skills~to find

An Of Course the usual low ballers, BB & Sprinkler Issues…

When the Weather Breaks Many of Us will be Moving On…?

user profile
Seller_8heIxAf1mLwgp

I still remember the first day I tried selling online, just as an experiment (over 20 years ago), listing 20 books online. Sold 10 of them the first day. How different it all is now. Thousands listed and I will either quit or die long before most of them sell.
The pay is below minimum wage, but a least you are own “boss”, an “entrepreneur”. That’s the American dream…

Go to original post