Sizing standardization for Apparel products

Amazon will be standardizing the listing creation process for ASINs in the Apparel category starting in summer 2020. The standardized apparel sizes will allow us to display a clean and well-organized dropdown list of available sizes on our website, providing a better shopping experience for customers.

Apparel sizes that do not meet the new standards may be removed from display on detail pages after June 30. This applies to newly-created ASINs as well as existing ASINs. Therefore, we highly encourage all selling partners to begin adopting the new sizing standards and to proactively update apparel sizes that do not satisfy future requirements immediately.

To see guidelines and adjust your sizes to meet our standards, please go to the Seller Central help page and view compliant size values for Apparel products.

In other words, assimilate or die.

Hello, do this apply also to apparel products on Amazon Custom?

is there any converter from cm/inches to sizes?

I see examples X-Large, XX-Large, and then 3X-Large, does this mean my products that follow this, but say 2X-Large instead will be hidden until i change that variation to XX-Large?

since the time frame is extremely short, would you introduce an automated tool that can show us most of the items at least that needs to be fixed ? I’m asking because as you know we use the most variation in clothing with colors and sizes combined so it would be brutal to go through 70K-120K listings

please advise amazon or give us a guideline on how to be proactive and fix it before our sales decline sharply.

1T? Who the heck uses 1T to seach for size 12 month? This has NEVER been standard in the apparel industry !! Who is making these decisions??!!!

I don’t think they expect you to list an item that is a size “12 Months” as a “1T” Toddler sizes are different from infant sizes. I’ve never seen a 1T size but our suppliers do sell sizes 24 Months and 2T separately.

Hope this makes helps. I do agree that a lot of Amazon’s rules in the clothing category don’t make a lot of sense.

Resistance is futile

I NEVER know what to expect lol I guess we will just see how this one rolls out.

I am hoping that children’s sizes are simply 4, 5, 6…etc. In the help pages is states 5 years, 6 years…etc. Certainly the word “years” won’t be required.

First of all, the term “years” is a notation that many Chinese clothing makers use to translate their child sizes to US sizes. Secondly, the number sizes 4 and up for children do not imply the age child they fit. A size 10 for example, could easily fit a 6-8 year old. Lastly, garment hangers and clothing tags don’t say “years”…they only have a number.

I see a lot of confusion for buyers if they see “years” written after a size.

According to their chart requirement,seems like it. I need to start making changes because all my sizes are showing 2XL, 3XL, etc.

Can anyone tell me if the standardization is on the “SIZE” field or the “SIZE MAP” field?

And here I thought that the standardization would mean that say, a 2X size will have the same size measurements across the board. That is the kind of standardization I would like to like to see. At least half of the clothing that I have tried from here do not fit. I have seen some size charts that show a 2X will equate that to a size 14-16 and other silly things which at best is a medium or possibly a large. I have gotten things from here in my size supposedly and for pants can’t even get them up over the half-way point on my thighs. Same thing with tops. That is the standardization the apparel industry desperately needs. It would save so many returns!

It should be on the “Size” field.

What about
OSFM
OSFA
Sizes?

Lol

Please list the size range of all sizes, such as what size S is, rather than what we want to change, we do not understand.

Why S M L XL XXL XXXL is not standard size ?

Sizes vary according to the manufacturer. This is ridiculous. Another way Amazon wants to monopolize the world.