user profile
Sign in
user profile

Should i encourage a INR AZ claim?

by Seller_pAySCaVFlzKzW

With the policy of buy shipping I have an order showing delivered to a customer they are claiming they didn’t get the item. Should i tell them to file a claim for item not received with amazon or is there a way I can use a safe-t claim to get reimbursed if i refund them? Thanks

Tags: Policy
39 replies
39 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_Xpktjspu2oF5C
In reply to: Seller_pAySCaVFlzKzW's post

No.

user profile
Seller_d7Z0MKOJalf7S

You first need to apply some decent customer service and try to help the customer find the missing package.
I personally find that most of these are just a case of the mailman placing the package in the wrong mailbox and it is returned to the carrier within a couple of days and is then delivered to the correct mailbox.

user profile
Seller_Lc8dADkM20rWO

Just make an effort to apply great customer service to the situation. I get a lot of packages myself and have empathy for anyone who has a missing package. Try and help them locate the package, but since it’s been over a month, I would suggest they contact Amazon about this so it may be documented. Provide the phone number as well. Remember, you did what you can do, so trust the process!

user profile
Seller_pAySCaVFlzKzW

I’ve been at this for 4 years can we please stay on topic it’s not a customer service issue, I’ve tried a lot of ways to locate the package already as well

user profile
Seller_a2wblcIflhYQL

I had a customer who stated she did not receive an order, so I sent the routine message of " … shipped in a xxx box, may not have fit in your mailbox … carrier would place near your door out of sight of folks walking by … yada yada … please look in those areas and let me know if you still are unable to locate the package … " This is also a stall tactic in case the USPS driver dropped the package off at the wrong address - normally shows up the next day if this has happened.

She did not find the package so I issued a refund and then filed a safe-t claim for INR since I used Buy Shipping. Did not get reimbursed, appealed, still didn’t get reimbursed.

Month or so later, another customer stated the package was not received after tracking showed Delivered. Gave the same message about where to locate package. Was unable to locate. Sent the steps to file an A-Z claim for INR. Customer was refunded, no hit to my metrics.

Not suggesting how you should handle it, just telling my experience - good luck!

user profile
Seller_yjaEzKaOGkRuy

Tracking shows it was delivered over a month ago and they haven’t filed a claim, sounds fishy to me. If you confirmed their address was correct and tracking shows it was delivered to the address, might be a scam.

user profile
Seller_bWU6w5XvXmIfs

No. If you tell them to open an A-Z claim, they might open it under the incorrect reason “Items not as described” and you will lose.

user profile
Seller_N9evxPEFXlmFf

Usually I send a message smth like “I will contact the USPS and open a theft complain” and packages are magically found… (99% of the times)…

user profile
Seller_fLOUDbjukcnRY

I would, like some of the other posts suggest, suggest some alternatives of where it could be, another family member, or doorway or whatnot. other than that the last 3 packages I shipped that where said to have been delivered but the buyer said weren’t they sent and a-z and I won and no damage to my metrics. This is a totally subjective thing, can your metrics take the hit if you lose? That’s the real issue.

user profile
Seller_uPXKEZAdYjLr8

ok, so you already filed with the carrier.

No, saf T claim will not pay you back.

No, I would never encourage an INR against myself, they can go terribly wrong if the buyer does not file exactly right and with an INR you would not be the one refunding them, amazon would.

Go to original post