user profile
Sign in
user profile

Shipping

by Seller_cysjTvLOu3FiX

Hi. Just out of curiosity. I am new on here and there’s not much said (tutorial, guide) to get us new sellers by… I spent a lot of money shipping 8 orders. More than what the shipping cost that Amazon offers (4.49 & 6.49). Is there any reimbursement?

Tags: Shipping, Shipping costs
61 replies
61 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_d7Z0MKOJalf7S
In reply to: Seller_cysjTvLOu3FiX's post

As a seller on the individual plan you will only get what Amazon gives as a shipping credit.
If your postage costs you more that that amount that Amazon provides then you will just have to adjust the price of your item to cover any amount of shipping it costs you over that amount.

As a seller on the professional plan you would have the ability to set your own shipping rates.

user profile
Seller_Hi7wbO2Kbo6bl
This post has been deleted
user profile
Seller_1HnxFvAD0WGKG

Depending on your volume, I suggest using “shipworks”. Forget cloud based shipping services. Too unreliable and takes too long to process a label. Shipworks I get discounted rates and all I have to do is place a box on a scale and scan a barcode. Then I have my label. Done!

user profile
Seller_08mL1B8PqZUs9

Go to shipping settings . Add a per pound to your settings to allow for heavier items . Free shipping is for fools.

user profile
Seller_CW0P5hgbsiqWX

Shipping cost on Amazon displayed to the customer has nothing to do with the actual shipping of an item. It is placed there to show the customer what they will pay for an item to be shipped. That number will make a big difference when an item is returned.

It is up to the seller to know the shipping costs for each individual item, to every address in the USA, and add the cost into the Product + Displayed Shipping combined displayed price. That way you never loose.

user profile
Seller_BJKNMjiWzMNAf

When I first started, that happened to me too. The only way around that is to pay the monthly fee and then do a flat fee based on how much is purchased. Still not ideal but at least I get the cost of my shipping covered. I don’t understand why amazon doesn’t allow us to just charge customers the actual cost of shipping.

user profile
Seller_K6HJk14MgPjrh

Just an FYI, Amazon also takes fees out of that shipping they give you, so adjust accordingly for the prices in your inventory.

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post