user profile
Sign in
user profile

SFP order cancellation metric glitch

by Seller_mGMl3Jjw3tz04

Looks like the order cancellation metric glitch is back with SFP
This morning I see 7 units (2 orders) which are counted against. For both orders, we have emails from the buyer requested cancellation and yet these are being counted against us!

We will loose our SFP fast if Amazon is not going to do anything here. Anyone else seeing it?

@racingroxstore @Bad_Brittnie

Tags: Images, Pricing
24 replies
24 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_KSgD6BXJKCE6D
In reply to: Seller_mGMl3Jjw3tz04's post

This has been our experience as well. For SFP metrics Amazon doesn’t seem to care whether or not there was an “official request”. They also count every item in the order against you rather than the order as a whole (e.g. canceled order for qty 3 items will count as 3 canceled orders against your metrics, order for qty 10 will count as 10, etc).

We have intentionally sent the wrong item to our buyers rather than cancel an out of stock order due to this. One unhappy buyer is better than having our SFP revoked. To be fair though, the cancelation is tracked over only 7 days on the main metrics page (which is ridiculous) so any mistakes drop off very quickly and we’ve never been over 0.5% for the 30-day range.

user profile
Seller_qzoy2Ezlix0U1

I got same glitch with one SFP order cancellation on 3/29

user profile
Seller_jglZowc8rO988

If the message did not come through with the header order cancellation request the cancel will be counted against you.

In the case of requests without the proper header, you are supposed to message seller-performance-sfp@amazon and let them know you had a buyer request to cancel and they did not use the proper message choice to protect the cancelled order from counting against you. You ask them to please annotate your account in regards to this.

This should prevent them from suspending you over this should your account come under review.

They will see the note and decline to suspend. Suspensions are done manually, not by bots.

If you have not already done so message support with the order numbers immediately to let them know about the situation and you should not get suspended.

user profile
Seller_gme6aq8vLWpK4

Yes, it is definitely happening, we have had 2 orders with a proper cancellation request and correct procedure to cancel and yet still they dinged our metrics

user profile
Seller_qzoy2Ezlix0U1

I got same glitch with SFP orders cancellation on 3/22 and 3/28.

user profile
Seller_Jf1687Tdz2VvQ

Having the same issue. Attempted to reach out to sfp-performance@amazon.com with no luck on getting exceptions for the orders. Instead I received this reply:

Thank you for sharing your concern with us. We appreciate your efforts to maintain the Seller Fulfilled Prime performance requirements.

Regarding cancellation, a customer can cancel an order up to 30 minutes after placing it with no action required from you. If a customer cancels an order after 30 minutes, direct them to contact Customer Service instead of canceling the order yourself. By doing so, you avoid a negative impact on your cancellation rate.

Could you please let us know what measures you are putting in place to avoid the reoccurrence of this problem?

We look forward to hearing from you.

Thank you,
The Seller Fulfilled Prime team

Just curious if anyone here had luck or advice? I guess just tell the customer they have to contact Amazon to cancel or refuse the package?..

user profile
Seller_T0I28ZM6o8kU2

Had this issue come up on the 1st. Was actually two orders in one day both which I had already created labels for. Unfortunately I didn’t notice but only one had a cancellation subject though both are counting against my metrics. I created a case about the issue and was told that I needed to have them contact customer serivce/etc. which just doens’t feel right I emailed the SFP email address with the information but haven’t heard back and haven’t had my SFP enrollment suspended yet on today is day 7 since the cancellations so I assume I’m OK My 1 year cancellation rate is now 2% and my 7 days is 2.8%

user profile
Seller_Jf1687Tdz2VvQ

Still having orders that were canceled by the customer ding our metrics. These orders were canceled with the appropriate email header (Order cancellation request from Amazon customer). Seller support says contact sfp-performance - sfp-performance says to tell the customer to contact customer service - customer service then sends an email using the header (Order cancellation request from Amazon customer) and says they can not cancel the order.

user profile
Seller_mGMl3Jjw3tz04

So this is what the customers are telling when we ask them to call Amazon

This is really not how Amaozn wants their customers to be given run around and how can we get this to mods attention?

Hi, I've attached what my Amazon customer service screen looked like. Seems like this is the only place where I can request a cancelation through the Amazon portal. I've tried calling their customer service, by Amazon temporarily shuts down its calling center due to COVID-19. Let me know how to proceed with cancellation further.
user profile
Seller_jbc0J60Mky1gE

I have sent an e-mail to Jeff@Amazon.com. I urge you all to do the same. At that point, maybe this idiotic rule will be changed.

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post