user profile
Sign in
user profile

Selling Nintendo Products

by Seller_fAXajmuNviGN6

I just received this email today (see below). I wanted to bring it to everyone’s attention as the date to request approval is the same date as the listing being removed giving sellers zero time to make arrangements.How can the Amazon team implementing this think this is ok? Unbelievable!

---------- Forwarded message ---------
Date: Thu, Oct 31, 2019 at 10:58 AM
Subject: Important information about your listings on Amazon.com
To: &lt***101@gmail.com>

Dear seller,

Please read this email carefully. The listing information described below may affect your ability to sell certain products.

As part of our ongoing efforts to provide the best possible customer experience, we are implementing approval requirements for Nintendo products.

What does this mean for me?
Effective on 2019-10-31, you will need approval to list the affected products. If you do not obtain approval to sell these products prior to 2019-10-31, your listings for these products will be removed.

Why am I receiving this message?
You are receiving this message because you have sold affected products in the past. There is no penalty associated with this action.

How do I seek approval to sell the affected products?
If you would like to seek approval to sell the affected products, complete the following steps to start the application process:

1. In Seller Central, click the Inventory menu, and then select Add a Product .
  2. Search for the ASIN you want to sell.
  3. In the search results, click the Listing limitations apply link next to the ASIN.
  4. Click the Request Approval button to start the application process.

We appreciate your cooperation in this important matter, and thank you for selling on Amazon.

Regards,
Amazon Services

Tags: ASIN, Listings
314 replies
314 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_Ws3uFcnDbRtMM
In reply to: Seller_fAXajmuNviGN6's post

Your email address is showing!!!

user profile
Seller_9nUGxbTDpkHpJ

I can’t seek approval: " You are not approved to list this product and we are not accepting applications at this time."

What is going on?

user profile
Seller_eaelSL3QmBY5f

I received the same notice. What does that mean? It does not give any specific information.

user profile
Seller_dcK4QV6x0JXZv

OP should remove his email address which is visible.

user profile
Seller_XMEHmr3U9sCB9

I get it for new items? But used Gamecube and older generation games? How do you obtain an approval for used items? No distributor sells these items. These are used games…

user profile
Seller_T5Mv3ZCUSh7Zl

Any chance Nintendo is behind this new policy. After all they have a trademark and Amazon is a huge Marketplace. If Nintendo is the only seller of Nintendo on Amazon huge win for them.

user profile
Seller_bn8DWWmTSpHb0

You can blame all the idiots selling multicarts and “reproductions” of older games for a lot of this. I knew that the second they started popping up they would get Nintendo’s attention and now they’re acting on it.

I’m curious how this will go as i received permission to sell a few specific Nintendo games that were gated a few years ago due to the above. I wonder if that will take priority on those specific ASINs or not…

user profile
Seller_bWU6w5XvXmIfs

I completely support the move as the site is flooded with counterfeit Nintendo merchandise.

user profile
Seller_ImVUQhbFTiszp

What am I supposed to do about all the inbound FBA stuff I sent them YESTERDAY?

0 days’ notice and I don’t even know how to file removal on all that stuff - or what’s gated and what isn’t

user profile
Seller_T5Mv3ZCUSh7Zl

@AngelicPretty, has pointed out why this happened. Bad Third-party actors, have made life difficult for the good guys again.

Go to original post