user profile
Sign in
user profile

Selling from clearance

by Seller_RMfRooAFK5yfi

Can sellers sell items that have been purchased thru a store like target,walmart?
Ship it to FBA?

Tags: FBA
222 replies
222 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_d7Z0MKOJalf7S
In reply to: Seller_RMfRooAFK5yfi's post

Depends.
If you ever get a counterfeit (inauthentic) claim on your products then you will not have a valid invoice to provide to Amazon and you will lose your account, all your items, AND your money.

If an account is closed for counterfeit (inauthentic) Amazon does not release the money or the items back to the seller.

user profile
Seller_AnOjLPILrIOLq

goodseller_248326m simple and correct answer

user profile
Seller_Xpktjspu2oF5C

That is the life style on this site, millions of 3P sellers are doing exactly what you are doing.
So many are duping the buyers into buying USED as NEW it makes one wonder.

user profile
Seller_mWZyJunCxCR84

I’ve seen a few toys at Walmart on Clearance. I purchase those same toys from the same manufacturer and the wholesale price is lower than Walmart’s Clearance price. Clearance tables at retail stores are not always the cheapest deals.

Walmart purchases the item cheaper from the manufacturer than the normal wholesale because they bring in containers from the manufacturers factory in China so they are still making money from many clearance items.

Why don’t you use your business license and the Sales Tax permit/license to buy items cheaper from a manufacturer/distributor than the Clearance table at a retail store.

user profile
Seller_CW0P5hgbsiqWX

It could be done, but with all the problems it will get you into with Amazon, it is not worth it. Sounds like you have read too many get rich quick books. There is no real profit in buying that way, packaging it, shipping to FBA, paying the fees, etc… And when you get your first complaint where Amazon request your manufacturer’s INVOICES, you are burnt toast. You will be much better off giving it a try on eBay.

user profile
Seller_A6SmnIE38YkGD

Instead of riding on other businesses’ successes, why not create your own organization that either manufacturers unique, desired products… Or, partner with another manufacturer for a wholesale partnership (not Alibaba factories…). A lot of folks end up getting caught in the RA (retail arbitrage) game, and end up suspended with Amazon keeping all their inventory + any funds in their account. If you insist on RA, the Bay is going to be the place you should sell.

user profile
Seller_RMfRooAFK5yfi

I havent read anything like that
Usually when i am shopping i just check if it sells on Amazon
I currently have 2 products that i buy from a pharmacy in Brazil and sell it here
The rest i buy from distributors
If the pharmacy provides me with a invoice would that be ok?
How does Amazon know what is a trusted supplier and a bad one?

user profile
Seller_0O69KFvrK41OD

Amazon’s Defination of new is that the item is intact in an unopened box with all warranties intact.

If the manufacturer does not recognize you as an authorized seller (or Amazon for that matter). They can void the Warranty and you will have sold in violation of Amazon policy.

Some Manufacturers do not allow their items to be sold on Amazon at all. You need to do your research.

I actually purchased speakers from Amazon directly and they went bad in 9 months. I contacted the Manufacturer and it turns out Amazon was not an authorized dealer and they did not allow their items to be sold on Amazon. While Amazon gave me a credit towards new speakers if it were a 3rd party seller I would suspect at least an A-z and possibly a suspension.

user profile
Seller_3N7yVnTXPzLkL

Goods are on the clearance shelves for a reason.

Potential reasons

Product did not sell
Product had a high number of returns.
Product took too long to sell and store is not reordering.
Product is discontinued or obsolete
Product is a return
Product is shelf worn
Store dropped the line in favor of a competitive product

And this is just the beginning.

Unlike in the depths of the recession stores are not taking big lumps on clearance items, so RA is less attractive.

Why do you think that selling someone else’s dog products is good business?

It might have been when one could pay 10 cents on the dollar but even then it wasn’t always good business.

user profile
Seller_tGfMnoKCaqTnA

I’ve had issues in the past with Clarence.

Go to original post