user profile
Sign in
user profile

Seller Prime Trial 50 Orders or Not?

by Seller_hSwM5EuJgjKrX

We have been on the SFP Trial Period. We are at 49 Prime orders shipped. I thought today, I would qualify for SFP. I called to ask customer service about my trial status report and was informed that all my trial orders were Prime Standard or Free Shipping Services and do not count towards the 50 trial orders required. She said, this change is new and not posted by Amazon for sellers to see yet. She said, useless buyers choose Prime 2 Day Services and paid $10.99 orders do not count toward my trial. She stated I need to offer Nationwide Prime (Shipping Express basically). We have been shipping every Prime Order each day paying Priority Shipping Fees. Now I am not sure if the first Customer Service Rep set me up on the wrong template Regional. I asked her to show me a link to these new rules. She said, once I hit 50 Prime orders today, email Seller Performance and see if I qualify. If you can give advice I’d appreciate it. Thanks

Tags: Prime, Shipping
49 replies
49 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_olet7eVOHxQZd
In reply to: Seller_hSwM5EuJgjKrX's post

I am not sure if the 50 changed or not. I do know that you do not need to ship any order with faster service than is required. For example, I have a Prime Standard order going from coast to coast. It is shipping First Class.

I hope you have read up on SFP. Mistakes can easily happen and if you do not catch them, they add up really, really fast.

user profile
Seller_olet7eVOHxQZd

Manage Orders there is a column Customer Option.

Also shows in Order details

user profile
Seller_olet7eVOHxQZd

I have never heard that a buyer has to choose faster for it to count. Normally I think of the test as a simple “breathing test”. Basically all you have to do is get the orders out in time. The badge is not displayed, buyers have to pay for faster so all orders came in standard. But that was 2+ years ago.

We do all sorts of things for Prime. We have some products that can only support Priority Mail. Some that normally ship FedEx ground. And of course SFP SNL (small & light).

Instead of retyping what others have said, Cautionary tale of Seller Fulfilled Prime and search for posts by RacingRoxStore.

user profile
Seller_WQj6Zg0jH6DBA

I am not sure what the trial parameters are today. When I signed up, you had to complete 50 2-day (premium) deliveries to show that you could meet the criteria. To do this in a short period of time, I just set 2-day cost to zero within my desired regions. This was to prove to both Amazon and, more importantly, to myself that I could do it and afford the program.

Later, they pretty much relaxed it to a “fog-the-mirror” test of 50 orders of any type to anywhere as long as the item was assigned a prime template.

Now, I am not sure what it entails, but it is good for everyone if they tightened things up a bit, because too many folks were getting blindsided by the costs when they went live.

If you set your regions and templates properly, you can budget for priority and ground for most of your orders. If you set it up improperly, count on an expensive surprise.

Good luck and ask a bunch of questions!

user profile
Seller_nvPWGullEqCs1

I think mine took till day 90 also, meaning I sold just over 80 the first 60 days, but had to wait till around day 93 to finally go Prime

user profile
Seller_TtoMdzoXWDX0F

what’s the customer support number? I was told Amazon closed its seller customer support line. Thanks!

user profile
Seller_GUAOqRYicSfGk

That does not make any sense. I bet it’s not true either. That would be a VERY arbitrary rule. Maybe the trial has changed, but a couple years back, it was better to be in the trial than to be in regular Prime, because they didn’t kick you out if missed some metrics at the beginning, where when you’re in it, they do. Maybe it’s different now. We were not eager to be off the trial for this reason. Back then, there was no difference between the trial and being out of the trial, except what was mentioned above.

user profile
Seller_Mzbg56z7Yxcd7

SFP is bad. You will pay so much for 2-day shipping, its just not worth it. Do FBA instead if you’re looking to offer prime… We did SFP and saw mostly 2nd day air orders being triple the amount of the purchase. Ex: Price for item $50, shipping would be $70-80 for 2nd-day air mail.

Amazon should give us their UPS rates for their prime, then you’ll see the SFP being worth it.

user profile
Seller_olet7eVOHxQZd

A lot of buyers are waiting for Mon & Tues (Prime Day). So depending on what you sell this may affect you.

user profile
Seller_hSwM5EuJgjKrX

UPDATE: I received my SFP invite the other day. Seems as the Account Health Shipping Performance tab is a trailing tab. It takes days for the system to update how many orders you’ve actually shipped and give you credit for them. I could see I had already shipped over 75 plus Prime orders on my Seller Central “Shipped” tab. But the “Account Health Shipping Performance” tab was only showing around 49 then slowly it passed 50 orders, by the time it updated to around 56 showing. I wrote seller-performance@amazon.com and asked for a review within 24 hours they invited me into the program.

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post