user profile
Sign in
user profile

Seller Fulfilled Prime SFP 1 Day Delivery Targets

by Seller_OYCdor7aSZQzU

Has anyone figured out how they are going to economically offer 1 day delivery promises to 20% of your page views?

This requirement appears impractical and onerous.

According to Amazon’s announcement:
“These Delivery Speed targets ensure that customers have a similar experience regardless of who fulfills their Prime order”

This does not make any sense for us because our products are:

• Exclusive
  • Patented
  • Registered Trademarked
  • Brand registered
  • We are 100% the only seller on the listing
  • We have been FBM for 7 years and SFP for 2. Due to the personal nature of the product, we will never be FBA.

We have been National SFP for years (with a 100% perfect on time shipping health).
We are ok with shipping on Saturday and Saturday Delivery.
All buyers have always had the same 2 day experience for all of our listings.

Obviously, the cost of shipping will exceed the value of the order.

Is there a hidden agenda here? Is there an appeal process?
I will be attending the webinar today, but it appears that if this goes through, we will be forced to self suspend Prime. How is this beneficial to the buyers?

John

Tags: FBA, Fulfillment, Prime, Shipping, USPS
182 replies
182 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_Jzp5YJm8Vbxvc
In reply to: Seller_OYCdor7aSZQzU's post

I honestly think they are hoping to push more sellers for FBA so they have more control over what’s going on and more money in their pocket in the end.

Can you please share information about this webinar? I don’t recall seeing anything about it, or completely forgot if I did know.

user profile
Seller_foEDbwcO3JsZF

there graffic showed that this is an impossible metric to hit for standard size items

they wont answer my questions

how are you to obtain 100% <=2 day delivery promise if one day shipping viewed after cutoff friday shows as 3 days

user profile
Seller_OYCdor7aSZQzU

I hope they send us an evaluation of this webinar, It won’t be pretty.
Complete waste of time.

user profile
Seller_nkBcHPWfscgWg

Just watched the webinar. At least I brought food so it wasn’t a total waste.

I will miss you SFP. It’s been good.

user profile
Seller_6UhvV3yjqooLU

I just wasted 35 minutes of my life on the pre-recorded webinar.

None of my 3 questions got addressed.

user profile
Seller_6s1f1YSmO9lFc

20% one day prime is impossible unless you have 8 warehouses.

user profile
Seller_coKQLyQNTiGPe

Add us to growing list of sellers who will be ditching Seller Fulfilled Prime. Very unfortunate. They’re trying to spin this as bettering the Prime experience while completely ignoring the very real negative impacts the changes will be having on us as sellers.

If the issue was most sellers not operating on the weekends (us included) then make a clear and separate distinction between Seller Fulfilled Prime orders and Amazon Prime orders. Their fix instead seems to be: “Don’t work on the weekend? Ha! Well, now you gots to or we’ll revoke your eligibility.”

user profile
Seller_OYCdor7aSZQzU

One really sad part is the SFP shippers actually performed better than FBA prime in 2020. We were held to a standard that FBA could not live up to. Not uncommon to see 3, 5 or more day games played with prime delivery times. We were extremely proud of the consistent high level performance we provided to our customers. (I am sure other SFP as well or you would have gotten suspended) This is the appreciation we get.

Clearly this is anti-competitive and forcing you to FBA.

user profile
Seller_Jzp5YJm8Vbxvc

I feel like we might be out of SFP very soon. We do offer a majority of our products Prime nation-wide due to the size and ability to use FedEx OneRate. However, we have quite a few items that won’t fit in OneRate packaging that Amazon deems standard size that typically goes ground. Sending 2Day, or even Overnight will cost us more than we’re making.

I can understand going to 6 operating days–I’ve been expecting if for a couple of years, but never imagined they would force 1 day delivery.

user profile
Seller_OYCdor7aSZQzU

One further complication, we have over 750+ skus and growing (apparel) spreading this across multiple warehouses will cost a fortune and even if I could increase the inventory, getting the stock during the pandemic would take forever.

Go to original post