user profile
Sign in
user profile

Seller comments on Reviews - Service being "retired" per Amazon email

by Seller_oSQPbYLvkI9OD

I received this today:

"Dear seller, You are receiving this email because you recently left a comment on a review.

While reviews and feedback are important to our customers and sellers, the comments feature on customer reviews was rarely used. As a result, we are retiring this feature on December 16, 2020.

We are committed to your continued success and will innovate and develop other opportunities for you to connect with customers.

Thank you.
Amazon Services"

To date, customers that leave a bad review can be instructed as to how to resolve the issue or get a warranty replacement. I loved being able to answer them. Couple this with the Amazon policy of never deleting a review (yes, they do delete feedback sometimes) and you have a toxic mix of mis-information and this will dampen our ability to provide customer service.

Have I been singled out or is this a real policy change?

Thanks all!

Tags: Customer
6 replies
6 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_atnk8fSvVuoeY
In reply to: Seller_oSQPbYLvkI9OD's post

Based on the numerous threads already opened on this topic, you are not being singled out.

user profile
Seller_8Wfpcf6cHQaPy

Comments should be removed in their entirety and in place of that, the SELLER’S name should be added directly to the review, with a clickable link to their profile page - especially for listings with multiple sellers.

The Comment section is rife with abuse, from sellers listing their private contact information, to spammers listing their bUy fr0m Me . c o m, website on competitor listings.

This is the first I’ve personally heard the Comment for Sellers was being deprecated.

user profile
Seller_n4shC9EMd3XuA

Well I don’t like it. It’s good for sellers to be able to comment on “Abuse” and/or Dis-information from customers that leave those type of comments. And I also beg to differ that they were “rarely used”.

They way Amazon tried to “Hide” those replies from sellers I could kind of see this coming.

user profile
Seller_manlnewNfvJKl

Just another way Amazon is helping counterfeiters. There is NO good reason for Amazon to remove this feature… PERIOD.

user profile
Seller_1UjgrsBO52hr3

Seems like it is real, and it makes perfect sense. As a third party seller, it is clear that we are expected to shut up and pay up or leave.

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post