See if your products qualify for the Climate Pledge Friendly program

We are launching Climate Pledge Friendly, a new program to help make it easy for customers to discover and shop for more sustainable products. As part of Climate Pledge Friendly, we created a new certification, Compact by Design, to identify which of your products have a more efficient design.

During their search for products, customers will now see the Climate Pledge Friendly label indicating that the products have one or more of the 19 different sustainability certifications to help preserve the natural world. With the removal of excess air and water, products require less packaging and become more efficient to ship. At scale, these small differences in product size and weight lead to significant carbon emission reductions.

For more information about this program and how your products can qualify, you can visit our page here or view our help content.

The example doesn’t make sense.
A box has 6 sides so if you open it up isn’t it more packaging than a single cardboard strip?

I’d like to know more. I’ve followed every link I can, and haven’t been able to find which categories ca n participate.

Most of my products are in the jewelry category. I have specific ASINs that are for multiple units of jewelry packaged in one jewelry box (I pass along the savings to buyers). This reduces the volume by 50% or more per unit. Does this qualify?

It would be helpful if Amazon would allow barcodes or FNSKU’s on natural kraft for FBA. All scanners I have tried read barcodes on natural kraft. We currently use bleached kraft due to the Amazon policy of barcodes needing white backgrounds. It would save tons of chemicals going into water sources, and save a trillion stickers too!
Can someone inquire to the powers that be about allowing barcodes on natural kraft?

Click the link “See the Category Thresholds” on this page for a list https://www.amazon.com/b?node=21221609011

Interesting to see that Certified Organic isn’t even on here - Are there plans on recognizing Certified Organic?

Amazon wants to highlight:

different sustainability certifications to help preserve the natural world

While the USDA Organic Regulations entail:

The USDA organic regulations describe organic agriculture as the application of a set of cultural, biological, and mechanical practices that support the cycling of on-farm resources, promote ecological balance, and conserve biodiversity. These include maintaining or enhancing soil and water quality; conserving wetlands, woodlands, and wildlife; and avoiding use of synthetic fertilizers, sewage sludge, irradiation, and genetic engineering.

Organic producers use natural processes and materials when developing farming systems—these contribute to soil, crop and livestock nutrition, pest and weed management, attainment of production goals, and conservation of biological diversity.

If Amazon wants to do a Climate Pledge, they need to stop promoting all the toxic garbage shipped from China and start promoting American Made products. China follows no Clean Air Acts. The quality of Chinese products are minimal so they are rapidly filling our landfills with their defective garbage everyday. It might only cost $1 to buy that cheap Chinese child labor made knock off versus the same quality product that costs $5 and is made USA, but keep in mind that the USA product will last you 5 to 10 years versus that widget from China which will end up in the landfill by the end of the month. Also keep in mind that those cargo ships that are used to deliver that one defective item to you from China is leaving a much bigger carbon footprint than that little plastic straw that’s sitting in the glass in front of you.

This confused me too. It isn’t the amount of packaging material. It is entirely the SIZE of the packaging even if it has more material. That’s a weird metric.

It is not about the envroment.

It is about the Money

Smaller item packages =
More items can fit in Fulfilment centers
Can ship with smaller ( and cheaper) packaging
Smaller packaging for orders = more ordes fits on Aircraft and trucks

Smaller items = more fit on the trucks trasnfering merchandise btween fulfilment centers

Much like FFP

I did some reading on it and something that’s gonna shut most down is the fact you have to be the brand owner and be enrolled in Brand Registry.

Who uses straws to drink from a glass?

Dear Amazon

This program is one in which you are taking political positions.

Clearly a bunch of sellers who cannot support the free exchange of ideas and concerns complained about my comment earlier.

This is bad for business and alienates customers.

Thank you for the link. That is a weird list - not actually the kind of categories we are used to seeing, but more like a product list.

No jewelry (yet), so I’ll put this on hold until next year…

Not sure how removing air and water from the package would contribute to less waste or carbon emission reductions

I sell used products. I do my part by keeping them out of the landfill and preventing having to produce a new product at all. 24,000 orders and counting so far.

How about two new badges:

1: Seller Origin
2: Product Origin

It’s time Amazon be more transparent with consumers…

As Marketplace Plus reports, 58% of the top sellers on Amazon live in China. And China is a leading polluter not just in carbon dioxide emissions (twice that of the USA), but the dumping of plastics in the ocean.

Carbon dioxide emissions from consumption of energy is the total amount of carbon dioxide, measured in metric tons, released by burning fossil fuels in the process of producing and consuming energy.

Filter by the Region:

Rank Order Listing for the Carbon dioxide emissions from consumption of energy field|Rank|Country|(Mt)|Date of Information|

|1|[China] |11,670,000,000.00|2017 est.|
|2|[United States] |5,242,000,000.00|2017 est.|

Source: CIA Library

Except when they ship a 2x4x1 item in a 16x14x8 box with a ton of air packaging

Lucky you get a ton of air packaging… I usually just get the 16x14x8 box with my tiny item and one or two pillows. Usually the more fragile the item, the larger the box and the fewer air pillows… :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::rofl:

What on earth is that?
Seems like you’re missing the word “paper” or “box” after the word ‘kraft’